Decal_FavColour

Author Topic: Decal_FavColour  (Read 4631 times)

A bit of an experiment... Changing your chest colour will change the colour of the square on the shirt. The rest of the shirt will stay white. Even the sides and the back.
Show the world your favourite colour today! (download)

Even the sides and the back.
you could show a picture of this

to be honest how do the sides and the back even happen

If there's no transparency at all near the edges of a decal, there's a glitch that applies the colour to the whole torso, hence why I said "experiment." I discovered this when I was working on my johnny thunder decal and I made the belt extend out too far and the side of him the belt touched turned all black. This is the best use I can think of so far for this weird technique. Basically, it allows for decals that have a set base colour, but the design on it can be changed if the design is made transparent. I don't know if this works for faces, but I'll check this evening. If you don't believe me that this works, download it and try it yourself.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2016, 06:36:07 AM by Dexger »

snip
that's most likely because the rest of the torso is uv mapped on the bottom left pixel of the decal which is a standard when you want to only have a texture on one side but you still want to keep the material applied to the whole object.

Make your torso white to ruin the decal.

Yeah, the torso is mapped to where the decal is mapped to the rest of the player's torso, instead of brickSIDE.

This is proof it works.

the rest of the body is mapped at like the top left of the decal. it's about the size of a pixel

If there's no transparency at all near the edges of a decal, there's a glitch that applies the colour to the whole torso, hence why I said "experiment." I discovered this when I was working on my johnny thunder decal and I made the belt extend out too far and the side of him the belt touched turned all black. This is the best use I can think of so far for this weird technique. Basically, it allows for decals that have a set base colour, but the design on it can be changed if the design is made transparent. I don't know if this works for faces, but I'll check this evening. If you don't believe me that this works, download it and try it yourself.
Yeah this glitch definitely works, I've used it before too :P

I think it looks best with Black though.  With other colors it looks like your body is glowing because shadows don't affect the texture in the same way. It's weird.  But with black it isn't noticeable at all.

This proof of concept is cool, does this work with face decals, if so I have an Idea I think I'll implement later.

Update: I Tested this as I have said with the chest, and I'll tell you, making a custom recolouring tie decal looks cool

Edit: Tested the face, but face decals don't work D:
« Last Edit: December 24, 2016, 09:42:59 PM by Master Matthew² »