Poll

Is real
11 (31.4%)
Not real
24 (68.6%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Author Topic: Do you believe in Karma  (Read 849 times)

There's no evidence for the existence of karma, so no. Most people who say they believe in it do so because of regular biases like anchoring bias, confirmation bias, availability heuristic, and a whole bunch of other ones.

Just as one example of many, if you do something you percieve as bad, then most people are more wary of potential consequences of their actions, and if you do something you perceive as good you're more likely to seek potential reward to that. When in reality, anything that you may have noticed was more than likely just coincidence that you just wouldn't have paid attention to otherwise.

Karma exists because everyone who ever bullied me is now dead

in a spiritual sense? no
in a social sense? sure, a good amount of the time you get screwed over when you're an starfish

Karma exists because everyone who ever bullied me is now dead
Karma exists because I'm going to unleash it

@my boys #don'tgotoschooltomorrow

do I believe in it as some kind of greater power sort of thing? no, I don't. but people who are richards generally get what they deserve, so that's good enough for me

basically what ipquarx said

karma exists in the sense that the things you do will have a physical and social effect that can reflect back to you. what goes around comes around

for example, if a douchebag cuts you off in traffic, he won't get in a wreck because of the morality of it, he'll wreck because he's a careless driver and either by his own actions or by someone else's reaction, that will be the outcome
« Last Edit: October 31, 2016, 08:19:48 PM by Frequency »

realtalk tho karma is part of the "universe is inherently fair and good" package that everyone has seemingly convinced themselves is real

You don't get rewarded for doing good things based on merit solely and people who do bad things don't always get comeuppance. I don't know why you would believe in this because you're literally setting yourself up to be disappointed