3ds refuses to charge

Author Topic: 3ds refuses to charge  (Read 747 times)

i put the ac adapter into the 3DS and it doesn't charge unless i wiggle it around ferociously
i also tried it with the charger that uses outlets or whatever and the light that says it's charging just loving blinks
help

Get a new charger, nintendo chargers tend to die out pretty quick

Get a new charger, nintendo chargers tend to die out pretty quick
i literally got it yesterday
it works fine on a regular DS, might i add

o

maybe the plug in / battery of the ds is forgeted

if you have the charging cradle, use that

if you have the charging cradle, use that
i tried that, the thing loving blinks

Discipline it until it no longer refuses to charge. SHOW THAT starfish WHO'S IN CHARGE!!

OT: The charger for the DS and the 3DS is the same? I thought they were different. Anyways, try using a different outlet.

The chargers of the DSi and the 3DS are the same. The DS is more flat. But yeah your best bet is to use the cradle, mine has the same issue.

Sounds like it isn't getting a proper connection somewhere. From what you've described and tried, it looks like it can't be the connector of the charger or the port on the system which is pretty odd.

Try reseating the battery and see if that works. Remove the back cover, take and leave out the battery for a short while, then put it back in. If that doesn't work then the only other thing I can think of is getting a new battery from Nintendo themselves on their website.
OT: The charger for the DS and the 3DS is the same? I thought they were different. Anyways, try using a different outlet.
The DSi and 3DS use the same charging port while the DS Lite and DS use a different port. I'm going to take the guess that Nix was referring to his DSi when he said regular DS.

i guess i will buy a new battery, are they any cheap and can i find them at walmart

i guess i will buy a new battery, are they any cheap and can i find them at walmart
No, I don't think you can get it at Walmart or any store, but you can order it online.