[news] there's a pill that lets you use 100% of your brain power

Author Topic: [news] there's a pill that lets you use 100% of your brain power  (Read 3051 times)

what
using 100% of your brain just gives you a seizure
it's like using 100% of a traffic light it just breaks when you use more than 33%

That reminds me I'm still pissed that Limitless got cancelled

what
using 100% of your brain just gives you a seizure
it's like using 100% of a traffic light it just breaks when you use more than 33%
same thing with muscle so i heard
naturally limited to 33% because going higher damages your muscles like tearing it or liquifying it (unless you're pumped up on adrenaline)

i'm interested on how seizures use 100% of your brain how does that work

this pill will allow us to finally see 60 FPS

this pill will allow us to finally see 60 FPS

Thank forget I've been waiting to upgrade
« Last Edit: November 04, 2016, 12:09:31 AM by Red Spy »

gonna take the bait here: nootropics are pseudoscience quackery for sci-fi nerds. you don't use 100% of your brain at once because that's not how your brain is supposed to work. unusually large amounts of brain activity are generally referred to as seizures.

also that news site is definitely fake. stephen hawking types at like a word a minute, and I'm 100% sure he didn't spend a half an hour singing the praises of some stuffty placebo.

Doesn't a seizure use 100% of your brain power or something

Who the forget needs pills
can confirm

i'm interested on how seizures use 100% of your brain how does that work
iirc seizures are cause by an unusually large amount of electrical activity in your brain. the smaller the amount of activity the less intense the seizure (like grand mal vs petite mal)

your muscles spasm because your brain is trying to get rid of the excess electricity so it diverges it into your muscles
« Last Edit: November 03, 2016, 11:23:27 PM by Starkiller »

but how do i learn chinese in a day like lucy

but how do i learn chinese in a day like lucy
slip into a coma after watching Chinese YouTube all night

Except we already use all of our brain when we're doing intensive activities. This is a fake news site as made obvious by its attempting to copy Forbes' website. I doubt Hawking even said anything about this.

Hawking's probably discussed brain usage before, but considering he's a physicist, doubt he's the authority on it.

haven't we already sort of figured out that the brain power thing is bullstuff?

time to max out my intelligence stats

too bad stephen hawkings cant use 100% of his body power
Jesus loving christ

same thing with muscle so i heard
naturally limited to 33% because going higher damages your muscles like tearing it or liquifying it (unless you're pumped up on adrenaline)

iirc the average human uses 20-30% of the muscle fibers in their muscles at almost all times, except when adrenaline is released during stressful high-performance tasks or emergencies, under which circumstances around 65% of the muscle fibers can be used

trained athletes may not be using much more percentage of their muscle fibers than an average person (depends on how they train), but they usually have a higher max-usage ceiling of around 80% all the way up to 100% (at which point you could really traumatize your muscles), once again, depending on training

you can increase the percentage of muscle fiber you use at all times by focusing on neural adaptation, or you can increase your strength at any given percentage by focusing on hypertrophy. which is easier to make gains in is dependent on genetics for the most part, but regardless, whenever you train you make gains in both fields no matter how small they may be

imo far more interesting than this brain % usage crap. different parts of the brain control different aspects of your body, with only one of those parts dedicated to cognitive thought. now if you want to use 100% of your cognitive potential, read a book on quantum physics or mathematical theories. if you can't understand a concept on your own no matter how hard you focus and think on it, congrats, you've hit your ceiling