Train Sim Project in Blockland

Poll

What Era would YOU want to see for the new Commuter Line?

1970's/1980's
4 (50%)
1990's/2000's
4 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Author Topic: Train Sim Project in Blockland  (Read 6197 times)

If you're going to do this, pick a specific era and location, and determine what locomotives and cargo types you want to include in the project. So far you guys seem really indecisive about what you want to do. I'm relatively well versed in railroad stuff, so hit me up if you want any suggestions. If you for sure choose to base this project on American trains, here are some suggestions. Based on the current engines you have in the poll, you should do eras like:

1970s-1980s (GP-35, GP-9, F45, F40PH, SD40-2, F Units, Dash 7, Dash 8, etc.)

or

1990s-2000s (Dash 9, ES44, AC4400, AC6000, SD40-2, SD70, SD90, P42, F59, etc.)

Obviously it would take way too much work to make all these vehicles, but pick an era and stick with it.

*cough* arekan *cough*
also this for good quality sounds ^^

NS1700 done, still looking for sounds though.
That looks fantastic, TAG! always wanted this to happen for real in blockland

NS1700 done, still looking for sounds though.
hot damn that's a nice model. great job! is it based on your brick model of it you posted with all the others a month or two ago?

Hey guys! I want to thank you for all the support and ideas! I'm hoping we can all work together to make something AMAZING! Maybe like a giant MEGA Route, But it's up to you guys, What Railroads WE should use, and how WE should do it! This came as a victory for listening to Rush (LOVE THAT BAND)

Yeah, Thanks a lot guys!
« Last Edit: November 10, 2016, 09:27:57 PM by Skydrifter26 »

images of the locomotives of the different eras, for comparison:

1970s:

F45:

SD40-2

F7A (F unit)

GP-9

1990s:

Dash 9:

ES44:

SD70ACE:

P42:

personally I think the earlier era is much more iconic and would be easier to make more universal and generic trains with, which is what we need for such a project as this. however, the look of the P42 and SD70 is pretty cool, so I dont know.

Sorry I missed the test guys...

Is there any chance I can be there tomorrow?

I'll hot a bit tomorrow. No guarantees tho.

ill make sure to be there to cool the server down

never have i really really wanted to build before.

I'll do some Mega Route planning and other things we'll be using! Glad you are happy to help Conan!

So, what railroads should we use for freight hauling? I was thinking something like CSX, or BNSF

we shouldnt do any real railroads. just make up a generic blockland styled one

Maybe like, Blockland Freightline?