Author Topic: Blender BLB Exporter [v2.0.0]  (Read 17545 times)

Errrr

Do I save a blender model I just made? Then: Export >  Blockland Brick (.blb) and then select a file?
If so, It doesn't even show the model I saved: (thename).blender

Errrr

Do I save a blender model I just made? Then: Export >  Blockland Brick (.blb) and then select a file?
If so, It doesn't even show the model I saved: (thename).blender

No, you open the model you want to export in Blender and then go Export >  Blockland Brick (.blb). If you have nothing selected the use "Layers" or "Scene" as the "Export Only" option. Alternatively select only the stuff you want to export and use "Selection" as the "Export Only" option. When exporting you type the name of the BLB file at the top.

How do I put print textures on here correctly? - This does not seem to work

The brick does work in-game though.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2016, 09:29:46 PM by Kyuande »

You have to go into Edit Mode with the object selected, select the faces you want to apply the material to, select the material in the materials panel, and press the apply button

How do I put print textures on here correctly? - This does not seem to work

The brick does work in-game though.
Unfortunately I completely forgot to add PRINT as a valid brick texture, not to mention the UV calculation does not work on the master branch. I have most of the UV and texture stuff working in the uvs branch but I'm currently having issues with inconsistent vertex IDs in Blender. You could download the uvs branch as a ZIP and install as usual if you need PRINT textures working right now, just be aware that there are still some issues with the UV calculation.

Okay. Thank you.

Works! Thanks guys.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2016, 04:48:08 PM by Kyuande »

Welp, don't know how to fix that. I'm not really worried about it because it's mainly for ores.

you'd just have to rescale the uv mapping by -100% horizontally

I've looked up on how to do this but nothing seems to fix it. How can I do this?

I've looked up on how to do this but nothing seems to fix it. How can I do this?
It is a bug in my code/Blender related to the vertex indexing issue I mentioned earlier. I don't think there's anything you can do about it in Blender. It is manually fixable by reordering the UV coordinates in the BLB file for that face, but I can't say what the correct order is as it depends on the order the vertices themselves were exported, which too can change because of the indexing issue.

This might actually work. I think I made it so that manual UV definitions always override calculated ones.

Hey, just wondering if your blb exporter works for slanted collision, I had a look at your brick blend file and I really can't get my head around your exporter. Is it like the same as badspots where you have to name them collision1 collision2, etc. and bounds. And does it support more bound boxes and if so what do you call them like bounds1 and bounds2
"Slanted collision" is done with DTS models which this exporter does not support. However Port's Blender DTS Importer/Exporter works just fine. See the Smooth Sphere Bricks for example of using DTS collision in a brick. (Requires Port's exporter of course.)

Please refer to the definition objects section of the readme in Github for more information on how to define collision boxes as well as the preceding definition tokens section to read about how to use the tokens. Be aware that Blockland supports up to 10 collision boxes. The main difference in how my exporter and Badspot's work is that my tokens must be separated with spaces. "collision1" and "collision2" are valid tokens in Badspot's exporter, but not in mine. The equivalent way of defining multiple collision boxes in this exporter would be "collision 1" and "collision 2" or "collision.001" and "collision.002".

Multiple bounds are supported. The bottom line is that one brick can have up to 1 bounds object. If you're exporting something like doors it helps to use the same bounds object for all the door bricks: even though they appear as a single brick in-game, in reality you are exporting multiple similar bricks. If you're exporting multiple bricks from a single Blender file, read more about the export properties in the export dialog and check out the Snowmen Bricks or the Candy Cane Bricks for two different methods of exporting multiple bricks at once.

bump:

any update on fixing the UV mapping?

bump:

any update on fixing the UV mapping?
I'm currently focusing on another project but there's a milestone coming up after which I will be going back to this one. I reckon I can release UV mapping in a month at the latest.

I can't seem to get the exporter to register my use of the TOP texture on this material. Ingame, the uv map is correct, but it uses the SIDE texture instead.
The material name is "blank top"; i also tried "top blank".
I'm also getting an error saying i have multiple uv layers - how did I end up doing that?