Blender BLB Exporter [v2.0.0]

Author Topic: Blender BLB Exporter [v2.0.0]  (Read 17551 times)

I can't seem to get the exporter to register my use of the TOP texture on this material. Ingame, the uv map is correct, but it uses the SIDE texture instead.
The material name is "blank top"; i also tried "top blank".
I'm also getting an error saying i have multiple uv layers - how did I end up doing that?
Are you using the uvs branch or the master branch? The master branch has little/no support for UV and brick texturing.

I'm using the master branch. I'll switch the uvs branch and give it a try there.

I'm sorry that it has taken twice as long as I initially estimated. I've been unexpectedly busy these last few months so I haven't found the time to work on this as it is not very high on my priority list, I go to a university after all. However, I have managed to solve the initial issue I had with generated UVs but in doing so I noticed that manual UVs are mirrored so I will need to fix that. I will do my best to release a new version Soon™ with full support for UV mapping.

Version 1.2.0 released

Download Latest Version · Full Change Log & Update Instructions

Fixes manual UV mapping, implements automatic UV mapping, a handful of other small changes. Check out the new Troubleshooting section in the README if you have issues with the UV mapping.

Version 1.2.1 released

Download Latest Version · Full Change Log & Update Instructions

Well this is embarassing. I totally just forgot to increase the version number.

It's good to see that this is still updated. An update on the day I start using it again, no less

Wait. This isn't what I used at all. This is WAY BETTER.

minor bug: you use the pre-rounded values when checking if grid[type] meshes are outside the bounds mesh. probably the same bug for collisions, but i didn't check.

I'm getting this every time I export anything with brick grid definitions

It's good to see that this is still updated. --
A bit slowly though...

minor bug: you use the pre-rounded values when checking if grid[type] meshes are outside the bounds mesh. probably the same bug for collisions, but i didn't check.
This is done on purpose. Otherwise the floating point errors would seriously screw you over. In fact my goal is to round vertex coordinates as soon as they are read in order to negate FPE's as much as possible but I'm sure I've missed some places.

I'm getting this every time I export anything with brick grid definitions

Looking into it.

A bit slowly though...
This is done on purpose. Otherwise the floating point errors would seriously screw you over. In fact my goal is to round vertex coordinates as soon as they are read in order to negate FPE's as much as possible but I'm sure I've missed some places.
Looking into it.
how would fpe screw over grid definitions? wouldnt it be easy enough to check if they conform to the brick grid? i get what you mean about collisions though - i still think it would be an extremely minor or unnoticeable change.

the current way makes it so that sometimes you have to literally select a box with a dimension and reenter the number in the box so that blender fixes the accuracy on the dimension despite having no visible changes in terms of displayed number. rounding it to 4 decimal places automatically would be accurate enough for blb's i presume. correct me if i am wrong.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2017, 03:01:08 AM by Conan »

how would fpe screw over grid definitions? wouldnt it be easy enough to check if they conform to the brick grid?
Because even though a mesh appears to be Blender grid aligned, a vertex could still have a coordinates such as 1.00000000012 which could cause it to be out of bounds if on the edge of the brick. The rounding helps get rid of such errors. I don't see the issue here?

Actually reading your original post again, did you mean that I use the raw unrounded vertex coordinates when checking for out of bounds? This is not correct, the vertex coordinates and bounds coordinates are rounded when doing this check for brick grid objects. Can you paste the log lines of this error you're getting?

I've fixed the issue with brick grid + another one. Waiting on more info on this rounding problem before releasing a new version because I can't replicate it. Install the develop branch if you want the fixes ASAP.
Edit: Saw your edit Conan, looking into it.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2017, 03:47:55 AM by Demian »