Blender BLB Exporter [v2.0.0]

Author Topic: Blender BLB Exporter [v2.0.0]  (Read 17554 times)

Version 1.2.2 released

Download Latest Version · Full Change Log & Update Instructions

Fixes all around. Fixed exporting brick grid causing an error, calculating UV coordinates for faces with no brick texture, and every single definition token being broken. On the flip-side now all definition tokens are actually case-insensitive.

Definition tokens are not case insensitive - I had to rename all my "bounds name" into "BOUNDS name" since blender would report the error that "BOUNDS is not in list"

It also does not support multiple word names - you should either clarify this in the documentation or make it support multiple-word brick names
« Last Edit: April 11, 2017, 02:42:47 AM by Conan »

I will fix both issues as soon as I can.

Version 1.2.3 released

Main fixes: broken tri UVs and issue with bounds definition token and brick name. Brick name in bounds object now supports spaces.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2017, 02:46:39 PM by Demian »

Version 2.0.0 released

Major updates to the README. Fixed a lot of things I broke by not testing enough:
  • Wrong BLB collision rotation if forward axis was not +Y in the export settings.
  • Inverted/broken smooth shading: normals were written to the vertices in reversed order.
  • Broken vertex colors: colors were written to the vertices in reversed order.
  • Being able to modify grayed out properties that were supposed to be disabled in the export panel.
  • Invalid decimal operation exception when attempting to calculate brick bounds but there were no visible meshes to calculate the axis-aligned bounding box from.
  • Outdated link to Nick Smith's GitHub profile in the README.
  • Typos in the README.
  • Exception when attempting to export a brick and the following conditions were met:
    • Bricks to Export property was Multiple.
    • Bricks Defined by property was Layers.
    • Export Bricks in property was Scene.
    • The scene contained a layer with no objects.
  • Exception when Export Scale property was not 100%.

ty demian for officially releasing these fixes! glad to get them sorted out

ty demian for officially releasing these fixes! glad to get them sorted out
Sorry it took me so long but serious thanks to you Conan for pointing out several issues.

Currently on the roadmap for the next months:
  • More improvements to the README, including a short guide on actually using the exporter.
  • Exporting DTS collision models utilizing Port's DTS exporter. I've had it working at some point but after some major changes the feature broke.

Sorry for the large bump, but when I attempt to install the zip file, it won't let me save it to a directory of my choice or save at all. I can only "open" it which doesn't do anything either. Can anyone help me?

Sorry for the large bump, but when I attempt to install the zip file, it won't let me save it to a directory of my choice or save at all. I can only "open" it which doesn't do anything either. Can anyone help me?
So you're having issues downloading the ZIP file? Try a different browser? Try right clicking the link and selecting "Save Link As..." or similar?