Author Topic: ✚✚✚ [PICKUP] Quake-Like Powerups ✚✚✚  (Read 5208 times)

Quake-Like Powerups

Author: Phanto (Perry/Path/Yachty)

Description: Adds a couple of powerups that can be picked up by players and bots. When picked up, the player or bot will gain a unique attribute or status that will increase their deadliness on combat. These powerups will last 15 seconds by default, except for Invincibility, which lasts only 10 seconds.

Includes:
  • 6 powerup pickups
  • Events that allow you to add powerups to players and bots
  • 5 unique sounds ripped straight out of quake

« Last Edit: November 16, 2016, 01:44:24 PM by Perry »

Issue: High jump only works when you're moving
Solution: idfk

package armor ontrigger and check for spacebar/jump being activated and add velocity to the player vertically based on their datablock jumpforce and mass

package armor ontrigger and check for spacebar/jump being activated and add velocity to the player vertically based on their datablock jumpforce and mass
Problem: addVelocity("0 0 10"); launches you lower than addVelocity("10 10 10"); with respect to the z axis. IDK why this exists but it does

Yes, I needed something like this.

Erm... When spawned as an item using events and picked up, it goes transparent and respawns like a normal item rather than being consumed.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2016, 07:39:35 PM by SuperSuit12 »

Erm... When spawned as an item using events and picked up, it goes transparent and respawns like a normal item rather than being consumed.
How did you spawn the item? I'm using the event self> spawnitem and it works normally

High Jump only works when you're moving. What item are you holding when it doesn't work for you?
« Last Edit: November 11, 2016, 07:40:42 PM by Perry »

And there's something with the high jump powerup that makes it just... not work right all the time.

And there's something with the high jump powerup that makes it just... not work right all the time.
it also doesn't work if you hold space down. I can't actually fix that
« Last Edit: November 11, 2016, 07:42:49 PM by Perry »