Author Topic: SERVER REJECTS CONNECTIONS - Authentication failure  (Read 1711 times)

Whenever I host a server for blockland and someone tries to connect, it rejects them and says "authentication failure"
My ports are open, and I really can't figure out the reason behind this.

Alright, with a bit of experimentation from Xalos, I found that my server sees everyone who joins it as having my IP address, which is 42.60.85.169
I'm not behind any VPN or proxy, as many websites have said
PortForward.com's Network Utilities claims pot 28000 is open on TCP and UDP, but other websites say they are closed...

You should have the port range 28000-28030 open on both TCP and UDP protocols. Also post a picture of your forwarded ports in your router settings.

I'm not a networking guy so I don't really know how these things work but in your situation I would remove the libminiupnpc rule and see if that changes anything because I think it might conflict with the PF1 rule.

I'm not a networking guy so I don't really know how these things work but in your situation I would remove the libminiupnpc rule and see if that changes anything because I think it might conflict with the PF1 rule.
libminiupnpc only comes up because I enabled Upnp, but before the last test I had upnp disabled the whole time, there was no libminiupnpc, and it still failed for the same reasons.

Use a different port like 32100

you might need to check your DNS if its invalid, i had one good friend of mine that happened to have the same thing as you got
but his was resolved by a simple DNS fix by retyping the 'updated' DNS address

another thing for you to try is remove all ports that are associated with 28000, then try to start a server with UPnP enabled
also, welcome to singapore i suppose?

Alright, I'm pretty sure it's a DNS problem, seeing as it says "DNS is incorrect or not responding" when I set my static IP. The problem is, the DNS I set is the DNS that the router claims to use, and nowhere on my router's page can I change the DNS.

ok, i think that your dynamic DNS (DDNS) is causing that problem
the reason why it doesnt allow you to change it is due to the automatic switching that the DDNS does (no manual control)
kind of explains why you suddenly didnt accept connections being made to the server, the dynamic DNS mustve switched all of the sudden and the DNS you used became invalid because of that

what i can say is get the DNS reported from the DDNS tab, then try using it
if none of the above works, attempt to portforward again but in this fashion:
server name: (u pick)
external port start: 28000
external port end: 28000
protocol: UDP/TCP (not the single UDP setting or TCP setting, make sure its both)
internal port start: 28000
internetal port end: 28000
server ip address: (any IP address that is in your allocated range and does not start with 192.168, i have no idea for your settings but that IP usually means its LAN-only)