TBD (not lebrighter dark) but The Blockland Database

Author Topic: TBD (not lebrighter dark) but The Blockland Database  (Read 3489 times)

some friends and i are making a ridiculous tiny website where we would like to store blcokland addons as a database
we would also like to make accounts where people could upload, save addons lists (to mass download), make some
as favorites and the ability to comments/share/rate/lock them, and build prop system (like get tree models as bricks)
An interesting feature will be the ability to load a save, and get in return the list (with download) of all add ons it contain.

So, what do you think of this?

THIS IS JUST AN IDEA, A CONCEPT, calm le tits

Here are some idiot pictures of the idea, with no any interfaces for the moment. If enough people are interested, ill make it.
Dont hesitate to give ideas.

Hehhhe: this is not a replacement of RTB or Blockland Glass and it wont have ingame manager. Just an archive where you could find anything.

(also dont tell me bl is dying, it already died at least 30 times, also i dont care)
« Last Edit: November 26, 2016, 04:58:48 AM by Sylvanor »

you can search by category, default show list of selected category by latest post

here is a profile, just the minimum, fav addons, lists and what you uploaded/commented... (no message system/age/blabla its not the point)

Here is a page from an addon. you can also start a topic, a discussion or anything else

I take the Glorious privilege to re-reserve my own topic

This does look like good progress, but I'd also like to reassert that Blockland Glass is a public, open source project. We're currently working on another site pass, available at test.blocklandglass.com. Instead of dividing an already small community, it may make more sense to contribute to one project.

However, if your intentions are more focused around an archive as opposed to a mod manager, perhaps there's some integration we can do together to make the archive accessible via the Glass Mod Manager. As new content is getting more and more rare, the indexing and accessibility of old add-ons is becoming more important. You may want to get in touch with mctwist, he's also been working on a repository system. I've also done some work on potentially parsing through the add-ons board and automatically indexing all available download links, along with screenshots and descriptions. I feel like that would have a similar focus that would also cover the market for an add-on archive, but at the moment I don't have time to pursue that; maybe after the semester ends.

when modders clash ^
Are you stupid? This isn't clashing in the slightest, he is just stating that instead of creating an entire new website to do pretty much what the RTB archive does already and what Glass is trying to do to just keep it in one place. It'd be a dumb idea to go through with this, we don't need a thousand different websites to get add-ons from, you should at least try to work with Glass first.

I like the idea of batch downloading, make's organising project folder's easier to do.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2016, 07:17:35 PM by dkar093 0 »

when modders clash ^
McZealot why are you so toxic and handicapped

You god damn philistine; why such hostile remark's over something so basic :P
« Last Edit: November 23, 2016, 05:52:22 AM by dkar093 0 »

Perhaps you could add the option to display picture's of the addon itself when hovering over them in the search window or make i't so that you could use them to replace the small icon's instead.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2016, 06:36:36 AM by dkar093 0 »

« Last Edit: November 22, 2016, 08:09:55 PM by dkar093 0 »

yea dude, that joke was really toxic.

there's some serious irony in you calling a humorous comment toxic before accusing me of having a mental disability. take look at your own actions before you judge others.

Are you stupid? This isn't clashing in the slightest, he is just stating that instead of creating an entire new website to do pretty much what the RTB archive does already and what Glass is trying to do to just keep it in one place. It'd be a dumb idea to go through with this, we don't need a thousand different websites to get add-ons from, you should at least try to work with Glass first.
i'm making a joke crown, i agree with him. calm down.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2016, 08:42:18 PM by McZealot »

This is getting interesting.

hey i just need ideas for someting i would like to make, for myself, and the community.
Dont fight its not the place