A plan to revive blockland

Author Topic: A plan to revive blockland  (Read 4453 times)

he's not wrong. If BL wins an award it will draw people to this game
Just like when it was greenlit right?

Just like when it was greenlit right?
Savage!

But actually, I feel that it would take a very concentrated effort by the community to draw more people to the game.  Or more likely, updates.  Maps were a huge draw for new players because more complex ones allowed players to jump right into the game.  The lack of an obvious tutorial button on the main menu is also probably frustrating for new players.

I mean it being on steam worked, there were several hundred more players on for a couple months due to it.

Don't think Blockland stands a chance for the award, even if it probably deserves it a lot more than others. Other games just have a way bigger fan base and more potential voters than we do.

Not if we make the servers simple for everyone to host.

We need Minigames that people can download, not just the Knife TDM or Jail RP stuff.
its called gamemodes

I just feel like people having to host these servers in an attempt to drag in the new players any time there's a big thing going on makes us look desperate, i dunno
are ya sayin we aren't desperate

Don't think Blockland stands a chance for the award, even if it probably deserves it a lot more than others. Other games just have a way bigger fan base and more potential voters than we do.

It just says to "nominate" the game though, they can still chose the winner manually.

Lets look at gmod why do people play it? Lets look at the games on gmod we have Darkrp, Starwars Rp, Jedi VS Sith Rp, Harry potter Rp, Military Rp, Halo Rp, Warhammer 40k Rp, SCP Rp, Zombie Rp, Police Rp, Slave Rp, Vietnam War Rp, ect Hmm it seems like people really like roleplaying.

1. I think the community should make some more Roleplaying Servers.
2. Good Building in blockland is hard you have to get really good at it to make something not ugly, unfortunately maps made it a lot easier but there gone so forget.

Right now i'm developing a Jedi VS Sith server i'm hoping I can encourage others to make ones like it. We need more server themes please stop hating on players for bringing in different games/movies into blockland.

If you can help me build I would appreciate it

The answer is simple just copy other games

Says the one who crashed servers for a living
wot that only lasted for a few days lmfao, I don't do it anymore.

another one for the books(?)

Community advertising? Basically just post about Blockland on other forums and websites like Reddit.

It just says to "nominate" the game though, they can still chose the winner manually.
Yeah, it's not necessarily a popularity contest.
They're probably just going to take which nomination Blockland got the most, categorize it that way, then compare it to the rest in it's category.

Yeah, it's not necessarily a popularity contest.
They're probably just going to take which nomination Blockland got the most, categorize it that way, then compare it to the rest in it's category.

It'd be great to win it, but still feel the games that have a larger player base stand a better chance at it. I really don't know how they'll do it, so can just hope.

Notice that on thanksgiving we had like 130 players on with servers that had like 13 to 16 players each. Especially on trench wars and unusual endless zombies. If we have servers that stand out. I mean in december or january rolfey is hosting a giant super cup race server which will be streamed on twitch an we know for a fact that will be a big gamechanger.

The game isn't updated enough to keep the current community members active.  There's a limit to the people you can pull with a sandbox game that makes you do everything; some people do not have the patience to build 60k+ builds.  Terraria is on that test of time list, and most of us know how many people own that and play it.  Terraria is also still updating.  Bottom line is, unless badspot starts adding major updates, this game is probably on its way out.  That said, there's clearly still a decent number of active users.