thoughts on buying this headset or suggest others

Author Topic: thoughts on buying this headset or suggest others  (Read 1289 times)

https://www.amazon.com/SteelSeries-Siberia-200-Gaming-Headset/dp/B015WKYI50/ref=dp_ob_title_ce?th=1

Steelseries' Siberia V2 made this roundup the last time we looked at the best headsets, so it's no surprise to see them here again, even after several years. A number of you specifically noted that you've had these headphones for ages and they stand up to the punishment of regular use, too. The Siberia V2 are open-back, circumaural headphones, large enough to rest comfortably around your ears, and sport a retractable microphone in the left earcup. They're lightweight and comfortable to wear for long periods, and don't feel like you're wearing a huge, bulky pair of cans on your head while you game, or while you work. The flexible "suspension system" headbands stretch and move so you can wear them comfortably, and the individual earcups are adjustable inside their housing. The microphone can be adjusted to any position as well, instead of just "out" or "in," so you can position it close to your mouth (or farther away, if you're a loud talker), and the in-line volume control and mute button is easy to reach even when you're wearing them. The Siberia connects to your computer via 3.5mm brown townog audio input and output cables, and will set you back $59 at Amazon. It's also available in several colors, just to add a little personalization to your workspace.

Those of you who nominated the Siberia V2 praised them for being light, comfortable, and for being able to take a beating and keep working well. You praised it for its audio quality along with its comfort, especially at its price point—much lower than some of the other contenders in the roundup. One of you even mentioned that you rarely use it as a head set, and instead just use it for music because the audio quality is so good. A few others of you noted that you're on your second or third pair of them, and still love them even though there have been newer, flashier options since you originally bought them. In fact, one of you said you didn't like your pair....but you're still using them and have used them for the past 15 years.

it looks like it's good quality for it's price ($55 on amazon) and im considering buying

only thing that concerns me is:
Connection: Dual 3.5mm, 3-pole plugs, Single 3.5mm, 4-pole plug adapter
dont know what this means so i dont want to be richarded if i cant use it
« Last Edit: November 28, 2016, 08:17:07 PM by Akio- »

If you use headphones only on a 3.5mm jack (headphone jacks on a wide amount of devices like apple devices ex the iPhone 7 and a computer) , you should be fine

I owned a pair of these like 2 years ago and they're a piece of stuff. Terrible quality and they broke after less than a year. The biggest pro is that the wire is really long

No, do NOT get SteelSeries headsets.
I had a Siberia V3 Prism. It was cool, but the damn headband broke off after a few months of usage. The worst part about it is that I couldn't return it because they require a receipt, no exceptions, and it was a christmas gift and the e-receipt was well gone.

The better deal to go with would be the Audio Technica M30x or M20x. Really great sound quality and they're much more durable iirc

i had that headseat and a mouse by them about 3 years ago
they felt really cheap, and the headset broke after a while

if that headset sucks then what has good audio + mic quality but also isnt expensive as forget.

im also open to getting good quality headsets and then getting a mic separate

if that headset sucks then what has good audio + mic quality but also isnt expensive as forget.

Get something by Turtle Beach or Plantronics. They both are in the same price range, possibly more expensive but it's much more durable.

Get something by Turtle Beach or Plantronics. They both are in the same price range, possibly more expensive but it's much more durable.
Turtle Beaches are also pretty bad.

hyperx cloud (version 1)
or hyperx cloud (version 2)

i have the older steelseries siberia v2 headset, theyre like 4 years old or something

they've stayed in OK condition only wear is the "stuffing"/padding in the earpieces has gone pretty flat over time which means the headband is now carrying more of their weight which causes some headaches (literally) for me and everyones head is different. but they're old and i've been meaning to replace them and i have no reason not to recommend a steelseries headset the build quality is great if you take care of them. especially the 200s as they're essentially the same as v2, shame they don't come in orange

i've also been checking the 350 ones that supposedly have DTS headphone:x 7.1 - ss and a usb connector instead of the 3.5 jack with increased price point ofc

>cheap
>good

pick one. this is common sense my dude