My dog had her puppies when I woke up.

Author Topic: My dog had her puppies when I woke up.  (Read 1800 times)

Basically, when I woke up on the living room couch, my pregnant dog Porkchop had something black under her belly. When I touched it, it started wimping. Right now, there are 2 puppies and she is giving birth to one right now. I only know what my mom taught me about dogs, and I am the only one home besides my 19yr old sister that wont answer me on messenger or going upstairs and banging on her door.

make sure doggos are in a heated room.
also the mother should take care of the puppies really, you don't need to worry as much.

also the mother should take care of the puppies really, you don't need to worry as much.
I know this, my mom used to run a dog store and my dad helped her, my dad just came home and we got it taken care of.

just a warning, I don't want you to be surprised, if this is the first time she's been pregnant, the puppies may not survive. it's sad, but normal

just a warning, I don't want you to be surprised, if this is the first time she's been pregnant, the puppies may not survive. it's sad, but normal
Fox is basically saying he hopes your dog dies so he can eat the corpse and hopefully become a furry himself

Ot: that's super cool dude gratz!

Keep them warm and, as Foxcrotch said, try to not get too attached because, while they can all survive, all of them might not.

its her 3rd litter. 1 died in her 2nd and they were alive in the first. The only reason it died was because of premature birth and undeveloped lungs.

grats man, nice to have these kinds of things in the holiday season

aw, send a picture of them, newborn pups are adorable

also, keep them heated and cuddle the hell out of them because that's what they deserve

Not true at all. You shouldn't always keep the puppies with the mother if it's a big dog. My friend made this mistake and she killed one of the puppies and ate another one of them.

Not true at all. You shouldn't always keep the puppies with the mother if it's a big dog. My friend made this mistake and she killed one of the puppies and ate another one of them.
Well they usually reject the runt so the other healthy puppies can live, and it's natural to eat their puppy if it dies or is very sick.

Well they usually reject the runt so the other healthy puppies can live, and it's natural to eat their puppy if it dies or is very sick.
Yeah, I was just saying if it's a bigger dog, owners should take precautionary measures to prevent this.

Yeah, I was just saying if it's a bigger dog, owners should take precautionary measures to prevent this.
Well we really don't have a worry, it's a small Parti Yorkie. These are not the pictures of the puppies, but they look like these pics.