Brick Redo

Author Topic: Brick Redo  (Read 3134 times)

This add-on enables you to re-do any brick you accidentally deleted (with your hammer. Wand support isn't implemented right now, since you can delete a bunch of bricks all at once with it).

If you ever accidentally destroy one of your bricks and the server you're on has this add-on enabled, press ctrl-z to redo the brick, which will keep all events and the name of the brick, including all brick settings.

Download on Blockland Glass
« Last Edit: December 06, 2016, 04:53:48 PM by RTBARCHIVE »

Amazing. How has this never been made before?

So it'll redo the brick, then undo any bricks from before?

it was because I remember having some form of a redo a long time ago
but I have no idea where it is now

So it'll redo the brick, then undo any bricks from before?
I don't quite understand what you mean; Are you asking if it'll remove bricks which were placed in it's place if it is re-done? If so, that won't happen. If there are bricks in the deleted block's place and you attempt to redo it, it simply won't be placed. It will then be removed from the undo stack, making it impossible to recover the brick.

Unless you were asking if pressing the undo keybind will both redo the brick and delete any brick that you placed before deleting that brick; in which case, it will function normally. Which means pressing the undo keybind will undo the last thing you did. In case you don't quite understand, here's a visual representation:

Let's say this is your current undo stack:

Placed a brick -> Placed another brick -> Deleted a brick (can be redone by my addon) -> Placed another brick

If you press the undo keybind at this time, then it will remove the last entry on that list, making it look like:

Placed a brick -> Placed another brick -> Deleted a brick (can be redone by my addon)

So, if you press it again at this time, it will redo the brick and then remove the action from the undo stack.
If I was wrong about what you meant to ask, just tell me
« Last Edit: December 06, 2016, 07:32:28 PM by RTBARCHIVE »

its been made before. however the reason its not implemented in a large scale is because there are a massive number of edge cases that result in a split between obvious solutions and difficulty to implement
« Last Edit: December 06, 2016, 08:08:46 PM by Conan »

-explanation-

Oh, thanks, that answered my question exactly. I know this is an older thread, but it also deserves to be bumped.

press ctrl-z to redo the brick
So how does this work if I break a brick, plant a brick, and then hit ctrl-z.  Does it undo my plant, or redo my break.  I feel like it should be ctrl-y to redo (unless you can change the keybind ingame).

Very handy addon nonetheless!

How does it handle the weird fakekill problem floating bricks face when bricks are hammered with a floating bricks mod on?

I know it's specific, but I really need an end-all for that problem and I'm hopefully naive.

How does it handle the weird fakekill problem floating bricks face when bricks are hammered with a floating bricks mod on?

I know it's specific, but I really need an end-all for that problem and I'm hopefully naive.
that's a client side prediction problem. you have to use ghosting utils or dup > cut > replace to ghost the bricks correctly again.

if that gets annoying you need to use the delete launcher or a rescripted hammer that makes it run like the delete launcher