Author Topic: MCP has made a list of RTB users' IPs...  (Read 8338 times)

As I was in the RTB chat, everyone was talking about how MCP had made a list of RTB users' IPs. I'm not too sure of what they're thinking on doing with it... Thinking like them
they will buy pizza with it  :cookieMonster: :cookie:

Reccomendations
-----------------------------
Change your IP.

Our dial-up users are safe.

Yeah, this is true. I have a copy of the file, and a link to it on his webspace. If you didn't join the [RTB] Experimental server with 15/16 players (it would tell you that it was full), then he didn't post it. Only people that tried to join the Experimental server are on that list. MCP posted a link to this file from the wikipedia entry for RTB, so there's no question it was him.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2005, 12:45:39 AM by mocheeze »

Badspot

• Administrator
Who cares?  It's not like your IP is top secret, it's public information.

Yeah, we just want everyone to know that TBM users are really dumb XD
Mostly everyone can go on your Public site and see peoples IPs... LOL I can get TBM users IPs!

EDIT: forgot this.  :cookieMonster: :cookie:
« Last Edit: November 02, 2005, 12:30:15 AM by Miga »

Why does it matter if they have your IP's?
Maybe they just want to see who play's RTB, or ban them.
Either way, it's nothing for anyone to worry about, as they didn't have to have a fake server to gather the IP's.  :cookieMonster: :cookie:

I've used that list to cross-reference against the people that keep defacing our Wiki. It's not like your IP is hard to get anyway.

@Luq, no offense or anything, but if you think RTB Users are defaceing your wiki. ASK US, we have IP's listed on the forums/irc. We can tell you who is doing it man. There is absolutely NO NEED to go to such extremes to get ip's. If you suspect one of our users is causing problems over there, i will be glad to help you find out who. I'd expect no more/no less from you aswell.

Thankfully it seems to have slowed down between MCP and I tag-teaming our entry. Every couple days I check out the AiO-R and RTB ones as well to make sure they're still OK. In fact, /me goes now.

if they mess with my stuff(highly unlikely, my firewall pass has a rather hard to crack code) i will personally figure out how to crash there web space and servers
« Last Edit: November 03, 2005, 09:11:50 PM by TMC »

If you had good spelling, you might have a chance. :cookieMonster:

if they mess with my stuff(highly unlikley, my rirewall pass has a rather hard to crack code) i will presonaly figure out how to croash there webspace and servers
Very bad spelling.

---Key---
Green = Grammar
Red = Spelling

Unlikely
Firewall
Personally
Crash
Their
You dont need "and servers"
and you can take away the last s in servers...

LOL  :cookieMonster: :cookie:
« Last Edit: November 02, 2005, 05:08:47 PM by Miga »

I didn't know AiO-R had a wiki

It does. I forget who made it at first but it was very basic, and I fleshed it out for you guys right after I fleshed out the TBM one.

Mix

If your talking about the IP's used for the BAN list then yes I believe there was a list of IP addresses for that reason.