Author Topic: is it possible to name yourself as your key  (Read 1583 times)

just wondering because i dont want to test it if badspot coded a block or something
so that i dont get my name looked up and boom someone has my key
i haven't set my name to my key by the way, but im curious if theres a system that prevents you from doing so
« Last Edit: December 09, 2016, 02:31:30 PM by crazies alt »

why would badspot code something when he could just let natural selection handle the problem instead

I'm pretty sure there's a database of everyone's current and previous usernames. If someone were to test if this works, it would be open for anyone to see, even if you change your name back afterward. I wonder if anyone has tried this - could probably make a code that checks through the database.

I'm pretty sure there's a database of everyone's current and previous usernames. If someone were to test if this works, it would be open for anyone to see, even if you change your name back afterward.
iirc it only applies if you join a server with rtb or some other add-on

iirc it only applies if you join a server with rtb or some other add-on
oh ya, I think that's right

you can't, i've seen it in the source at some point

if you could we would've seen someone do it by now

you can't, i've seen it in the source at some point

if you could we would've seen someone do it by now
well that's in the source- you can still send http requests to the auth servers posing as a blockland client lol

the client will tell you no but if you circumvent the client the server won't stop you
« Last Edit: December 09, 2016, 06:36:20 PM by Swollow »

Someone actually has done this before, amazingly it took a while for the key to be revoked.