Author Topic: Event_setWorldSpaceMovement  (Read 4819 times)

Your forward movement key moves you north, your backward movement key moves you south, left strafe = west, right strafe = east.

It was a default function that was left completely unused until now as far as I know. Movement speeds have also been "fixed" so moving south for example wouldn't be slower than moving north.

Use it with set2DCamera.

You should also use it with a playertype that restricts players from looking up or down, like the Top Down Player.

Download

If you cannot access my website for whatever reason, please check the mirrors below:
View on Blockland Nexus
View on Blockland Glass
« Last Edit: July 16, 2017, 03:11:11 PM by Crispy_ »

yeeeesssssss
finally we can make proper top-down shooters

« Last Edit: December 09, 2016, 03:09:42 PM by Marios »

At first I thought it allowed you to move the world instead of moving the players. I would've simulated the Tardis or Planet Express in that case (hopefully somebody knows both these references). Still cool.

Should also include a playertype that cannot look up or down.

Should also include a playertype that cannot look up or down.
This ^

i believe this one does that
http://orbs.daprogs.com/rtb/forum.returntoblockland.com/dlm/viewFilef038.html?id=787

Perfect. Will link to in the OP.

I've also added information related to this function in The Cutting Room Floor.

It would also be nice to have an event that would set your player to look at where you are moving. That would complete the package for sure.

now we can do hotline miami servers

I would kinda like a version of this where the client can change the camera position.

legit as forget

would be interesting to see a trench war server using this, with top down player, dirt being one layer thick only, and you start trenches from your side of the base where the dirt rises up above the base you spawn in

You can make side scrollers with this too:

I set timescale to 2 so the lowered gravity would look nicer.
I also placed large invisible walls around the build so the player wouldn't be able to move north or south too much.

This opens up so many possibilities.

GOD DAMN PLEASE I LOVE YOU

IVE BEEN WANTING TO MAKE A SIDE SCROLLING GAMEMODE FOR YEARS

whoa

what happens when you move the mouse?