Author Topic: Windows 7 Drivers Not Found..  (Read 494 times)

Hello, peeps. Not too long ago I built a gaming PC, but since then I have been trying to figure out how to install Windows 7. I first tried with a CD disk, then a USB flash drive. Both failed horribly. Everytime I try I get this message:

I tried looking up some tutorials on youtube, none of them seemed to do the job for me.

Not sure what the heck is going on. Any suggestions of what I can try?

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2755139

This issue occurs for one of the following reasons:
  • The installation DVD is removed during the setup process.
  • A low-quality DVD was used to create the installation DVD.
  • The speed at which the installation DVD was burned was too fast.
  • The DVD drive cannot read the media.
  • The ISO file is corrupted.

To resolve this issue, use one of the following methods, as appropriate for your situation:
  • Burn the installation DVD at a slower speed.
  • Use a better quality DVD to create the installation DVD.
  • Update the BIOS firmware for your DVD drive.
  • Use the Windows 7 USB/DVD Download tool to create a bootable USB flash drive, and then use the USB flash drive to install Windows.

To troubleshoot this issue, use one of the following methods, as appropriate for your situation:
  • Run the DVD on a different computer to determine whether the DVD works correctly.
  • Test your DVD drive by using an official Windows installation DVD.
  • Attach the ISO file to a virtual machine to check whether it is corrupted.

If I had to gander a guess I'd say you probably missed the installation disk that came with your motherboard. This would basically be the "Update the BIOS firmware for your DVD drive" solution.

If that doesn't work, try looking up the driver that you need for that specific motherboard model; if there's an even more specific one for the windows 7 disk then get that too and put them onto a USB. So when you reach this message again you use the "browse" function to manually locate the driver for the computer.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2016, 04:01:57 PM by Rykuta »

I had this error when I tried to install from a flash drive too. I installed it from a CD and it worked fine.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2755139

If I had to gander a guess I'd say you probably missed the installation disk that came with your motherboard. This would basically be the "Update the BIOS firmware for your DVD drive" solution.

If that doesn't work, try looking up the driver that you need for that specific motherboard model; if there's an even more specific one for the windows 7 disk then get that too and put them onto a USB. So when you reach this message again you use the "browse" function to manually locate the driver for the computer.

Thanks, bro, this helped a lot.