Invisible Admin Orb [v3]

Author Topic: Invisible Admin Orb [v3]  (Read 7048 times)

the admin abuser's wet dream

Also, another issue with this is if you use it for building, you'll pretty quickly hit your max building distance and get the "Too Far" error.

this is actually really useful if your planning to spy on somebody. the actual spying mechanic thats built into the admin hud causes an "observers; 1" thing to pop up on your hud so its pretty obvious whats happening. cool addon

Also, another issue with this is if you use it for building, you'll pretty quickly hit your max building distance and get the "Too Far" error.

That's not the addon's issue, it's yours.

That's not the addon's issue, it's yours.

my too far distance is set to 9999, the add-on makes you invisible by teleporting you under the map. you'll start falling when you start orbing. its sort of blockland's issue of not having too far distance set to the player's physical character and not the camera i guess.

my too far distance is set to 9999, the add-on makes you invisible by teleporting you under the map.

Oh. That does make sense, then.

Updated. Should fix the issue skill4life brought up before with the box that still appeared.

my too far distance is set to 9999, the add-on makes you invisible by teleporting you under the map. you'll start falling when you start orbing. its sort of blockland's issue of not having too far distance set to the player's physical character and not the camera i guess.
As far as I can tell, there's no way to properly do this if I want the player the become invisible. Say I find a way to remove the player alltogether instead of just teleporting them under the ground, the message should still come up that you're too far.

the admin abuser's wet dream
this is actually really useful if your planning to spy on somebody. the actual spying mechanic thats built into the admin hud causes an "observers; 1" thing to pop up on your hud so its pretty obvious whats happening. cool addon
Slightly unintentional sideeffect of this addon. It was originally intended to just make the teleport system feel a bit more cartoonish, and to test playing 3D sounds on clients.

Guess I had a corrupted Install of Blockland.

Well Im sure its because I had an old POS winxp when I first bought it.
I've been using Blockland since v7. This was never a thing.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2016, 01:17:32 PM by Arekan »

also one more bug you gotta hit is the non-admins can f8 and bug out under the map.

also one more bug you gotta hit is the non-admins can f8 and bug out under the map.
Wow. I can't believe I forgot about that. Should be fixed, now.

Updated. Should fix the issue skill4life brought up before with the box that still appeared.
As far as I can tell, there's no way to properly do this if I want the player the become invisible. Say I find a way to remove the player alltogether instead of just teleporting them under the ground, the message should still come up that you're too far.

I believe there is a way to make the player invisible.  I was on Skill's pirate server yesterday and Conan was doing something with "ghost" (I don't remember the command nor do I know anything about BL scripting so you may want to ask him).  I'm not totally sure if doing that hides the playername though which could be a problem (and the player is still solid).

Wonderful addon!

I believe there is a way to make the player invisible.  I was on Skill's pirate server yesterday and Conan was doing something with "ghost" (I don't remember the command nor do I know anything about BL scripting so you may want to ask him).  I'm not totally sure if doing that hides the playername though which could be a problem (and the player is still solid).

Wonderful addon!
I know how he does it, but the issue is that the player is still solid, as you said.

I know how he does it, but the issue is that the player is still solid, as you said.
Well then...
Guess we don't even need to worry about this anymore xD

Edit: Oh wow I'm so late to the party.  May want to make the a link a little bit more prominent on the OP.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2016, 12:33:57 PM by DaBlocko »