So I'm saving up for a laptop and I need some suggestions.

Author Topic: So I'm saving up for a laptop and I need some suggestions.  (Read 2254 times)

The laptop I was gonna buy was an Asus G752 from Best Buy for $750. It was an amazing deal, only problem with it was a minor dent, but sadly they sold it today and I have no other ideas.
I plan to play Overwatch, Battlefield 1, Skyrim, and pretty much anything that's in my Steam library.
I've been looking at this laptop (http://tinyurl.com/j4u6rrm) which my parent's found for $900 open box. After looking at reviews though, this laptop gets EXTREMELY hot. 95c hot. I would like a laptop that could last a good long while, and if i'm going to be playing games with my gpu at 95c, theres no doubt this laptop wont last very long. So anyways, do any of you guys have some suggestions? Lowest I wanna go for a GPU is a 970m and highest price I wanna go to is maybe $1000.

alienware recently put out a gaming laptop with actual vr features implimented into it, and it's about 1000 dollars

>alienware

Try going for an ASUS ROG GL552, it seems like a very solid laptop

just curious, why a laptop op?

just curious, why a laptop op?
Need it at my dads, don't have any space to put a desktop.
just buy a pc nerd
Why buy a PC when you can build it? Plus, I already have a desktop at my moms.

Why buy a PC when you can build it? Plus, I already have a desktop at my moms.
why build a pc when you can become the pc

why build a pc when you can become the pc

That sounds like a tempting offer OP

>alienware

alienwares are actually pretty cool
the 980m is a pretty good graphics card, but getting the 1080 for when i'm at my desk is so much better

the whole ability to have a desktop graphics card while docked is awesome

that has a 960m, gross

sorry for the double post but can someone actually recommend a laptop pls, plus nix post a link instead of vaguely saying what the laptop can do

A 960m isn't that bad though lolwtf

Alright then go with the MSI GE62 Apache Pro-239 which has an intel i7 6700hq, with a gtx 970m and 12gb of ram, plus 1TB of space.

If you can't afford that (It's on sale right now for a smidge under 1000) then go for the MSI GE62 Apache Pro-254 which has an i5 6300HQ, GTX 970m, 8gb of ram, and 256 gb of space

A 960m isn't that bad though lolwtf
After owning a 960 in my desktop, I'd rather not own another one. Wasn't getting the frame rates I wanted.
If you can't afford that (It's on sale right now for a smidge under 1000) then go for the MSI GE62 Apache Pro-254 which has an i5 6300HQ, GTX 970m, 8gb of ram, and 256 gb of space
This looks good, thanks.

build desktop one laptops suck for gaming