How long should it go on one limit

5 pages or so
0 (0%)
3 pages or so
1 (20%)
10 pages or so
4 (80%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Author Topic: Age Limits Thread V3(?): Drinking!  (Read 1885 times)

This is like my third thread about age limits. Third time's the charm, maybe I'll get banned and you'll all be rid of me.
Current age limit discussion:
Drinking! Of alcohol.
America's laws on this at the moment:
0-17 (depending on state): As long as your legal guardians give it to you and you're at YOUR HOME, you can drink
0/18-20 (depending on state): You no longer have legal guardians to give it to you so you're out of luck, bud
21: You can now legally purchase your own alcohol and drink it. Have fun.
Thoughts on that weird gap? Your country/state/whatever's laws? Post.

I'm currently in the 0-17 category (16 woo yay) and my parents will "probably" let me drink alcohol for new years eve. (That's probably the only time I'll ever touch alcohol until I'm 21. Yes I'm in one of the states that my parents can do that and it's legal don't call the cops.)
« Last Edit: December 31, 2016, 02:30:53 PM by SuperSuit12 »

Drinking is awful and if you do drink I pray for your health.

I dunno about what gap you're talking about but it's pretty good. Also my man you aren't gonna get drunk I'm pretty sure your parents won't let you do that.

Drinking is awful and if you do drink I pray for your health.
drinking moderate amounts of alcohol isnt going to kill you bucko
ontopic tho, i think the drinking age should be lowered to 18

I think the drinking age should be raised to 25

I mean choking yourself in moderation also isn't going to kill you but there's better ways to get off.

But then again you do you I guess

i've kinda changed my tune on the lowering of the drinking age after friends of friends got into a drunk driving accident. the law's inception was not a drunk-driving reduction attempt, but anything that keeps those down is good in my books.

I dunno about what gap you're talking about but it's pretty good.
Between when you can have your parents give you alcohol and when you can buy it for yourself you can't drink
Also my man you aren't gonna get drunk I'm pretty sure your parents won't let you do that.
You don't know my life! Or my parents! (My dad drinks in moderation and I don't plan to get DRUNK drunk, just "hey, I'm kinda drunk, I should probably not drive and stuff" sort of drunk. No, they won't let me get DRUNK drunk, but there are parents who don't care if their kids drink in moderation.)
Also note that it's totally legal; it's in my house and if they give it to me, I'm allowed to drink. State law.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2016, 02:35:16 PM by SuperSuit12 »

The legal drinking age is 18 where I live. It's so loving miserable in our province that if we weren't allowed to drink we would probably commit Self Delete.

"I'm not gonna get DRUNK drunk, but hey, I'm kinda drunk"

???

legal age doesn't matter. if you want to drink, you'll find a way to drink

legal age doesn't matter. if you want to drink, you'll find a way to drink
The thing is, when it's legal, there's no "forbidden fruit" thing, so fewer people drink or drink excessively. For one, your parents can teach you to drink in moderation if you can drink while living with them.

"I'm not gonna get DRUNK drunk, but hey, I'm kinda drunk"

???
A: you missed some quotation marks there bud it conveys a different message now (implying I'm currently drunk)
B: my point is that if I do drink today (if my parents let me) I won't be stupidly drunk. There's a difference between having one drink and twenty-seven is my point and I'm not going to have an excessive amount of alcohol
« Last Edit: December 31, 2016, 02:35:05 PM by SuperSuit12 »

I think the age should be 18

Drunk no longer seems like a word I said it too much

anyways ignore my bragging and discuss age limits

or don't I'm not your dad

There's a difference between having one drink and twenty-seven is my point and I'm not going to have an excessive amount of alcohol

Yet you'll have an excessive amount to the point where you're "kinda drunk"