So you know about Tank engines?

Author Topic: So you know about Tank engines?  (Read 1647 times)

Oh I heard you know all about tank engines

SO...What type of tank engine is this?

its definitely not the engine of destruction that the jews have implemented for the white race

SO...What type of tank engine is this?

The London, Brighton and South Coast Railway (LB&SCR) E2 Class was a class of 0-6-0T steam locomotives designed by Lawson Billinton, intended for shunting and short distance freight trains. Ten examples were built between 1913 and 1916, and were withdrawn from service and scrapped between 1961 and 1963. By 1910 many of the Stroudley E1 class locomotives were worn out or inadequate for the heavier duties required of them. D. E. Marsh intended to rebuild some examples with a larger boiler, but only one E1X rebuild had been completed by the time of his unexpected retirement. Marsh's successor Billinton reversed this policy and instead ordered five new, more powerful locomotives from Brighton works. The new class included several features found on other LB&SCR classes including an I2 class boiler. They were delivered between June 1913 and January 1914. The E2 class locomotives were mainly used for the heavier shunting and short distance freight duties in the London area and on the south coast, as their small coal bunkers made them unsuitable for long trips. These included empty stock workings at Victoria and London Bridge Stations.

Two were tried in 1914 as passenger locomotives on push-pull duties with the locomotives in the middle of a rake of six coaches, but the experiment was abandoned during the same year as they had insufficient coal capacity. Following the electrification of the Brighton line in 1936 the class was used as replacements for the former London Chatham and Dover Railway T class at the Herne Hill marshalling yard, around Victoria station and at Dover harbour. During the Second World War they also replaced the SR Z class at Hither Green marshalling yard.

In the mid-1950s the class were tried out as shunters at Southampton Docks, and found to be useful, and six examples were retained for this purpose until their replacement by British Rail Class 07 diesel shunters in 1962. Withdrawal of the class took place between February 1961 and April 1963 and were all scrapped. None have survived to preservation.

However, a proposed project has been announced to build, #110, the next member of the class. The major modification will be a larger coal bunker.

« Last Edit: January 02, 2017, 10:17:42 PM by [FUG] Nukedude »

[img ]http://i.imgur.com/v0FEz7l.png[/img]
This guy needs to explain Jay Jay the Jet Plane

Those who have trains on their mind on a regular basis are of higher stock than the regular mortal.

trains are such an ancient form of travel
why don't we all have private jets, huh obama??????

trains are such an ancient form of travel

do you have anything against trains now??
I'll have you know that I loveually identify as an EMD F7A and you have crossed the line mister.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2017, 09:00:07 AM by [FUG] Nukedude »

erm, trains are the most efficient way of travel and transport.