Author Topic: Mystery to solve: infinite hot water  (Read 2510 times)

So I have a thermal tank which has a pilot flame and a burner. To save up on gas, I turned the dial to "Pilot" mode which keeps the pilot on but will never turn on the burner. This means the tank can be easily turned on but it's off. It doesn't heat the water in it.

Now it's been like this for weeks but when I open the hot water faucet, hot water comes out and doesn't seem to turn cold even after doing a stuffload of dishes.

What's going on? The pipes are inbetween brick walls so they don't even receive sunlight or any other kind of heat.

if we take into consideration that you live in a 3rd world country where conventional logic and reason do not exist we can safely conclude that the reason why is probably witchcraft

have u tried using the cold water handle

if we take into consideration that you live in a 3rd world country where conventional logic and reason do not exist we can safely conclude that the reason why is probably witchcraft
Magic darker than the guy that harvests my cotton.

have u tried using the cold water handle
Yes. It comes out cold.

It may just be heating the water very slowly?  Like are you guy even using that much hot water?  The pilot flame may just be enough to heat it.  Additionally, the system may also be just very well-insulated, so you may not be losing a lot of heat.

It may just be heating the water very slowly?  Like are you guy even using that much hot water?  The pilot flame may just be enough to heat it.  Additionally, the system may also be just very well-insulated, so you may not be losing a lot of heat.
I did use a lot of hot water yesterday. I had 13 dishes to wash + the cups + the silverware. I doubt the pilot flame can heat it up that fast. It's a small lighter-like flame and it's a tank made out of metal with a second tank inside, that's where the actual water is in.

Does it really matter? You might have just bypassed half the gas bill.

I guess it doesn't and yeah but it's hella weird.

It could be that you're storing warm water in your tank/having good insulation keeping the tank from cooling down, leaving the water in it warm. Go down to your tank and measure the outside temperature of it and check- that, or, your burner is on and the switch to turn it to pilot only isn't working or you didn't understand it right.

You turned the hot water faucet to get hot water???? what????
But yea, infinite heat water. appreaciate third world errors.

It could be that you're storing warm water in your tank/having good insulation keeping the tank from cooling down, leaving the water in it warm. Go down to your tank and measure the outside temperature of it and check- that, or, your burner is on and the switch to turn it to pilot only isn't working or you didn't understand it right.
It's set to pilot and the tank feels cool when you touch it. It is hot outside but the tank is inside of the house and it's cool in here. I doubt that stuff has good insulation but it's been off for days. Maybe it does have 5/7 insulation.

You turned the hot water faucet to get hot water???? what????
But yea, infinite heat water. appreaciate third world errors.
god was coding and a bug appeared he said forget it, its a feature!!!!!!

if you're really curious then just say forget it and run a shower til it gets cold

are you complaining about having hot shower water in a third world country

space wizards are at it again
first they make your water hot then they make it ice loving cold a month later so that the rapid change of temperature kills you.

if you want to remove space wizards, just place banana peels on the floor, they'll drop their staffs and become powerless.
then you have to remove their magic sandals and throw them into the lava pit which you should have

your water supply is connected directly from hell