GuiPlus - In development again (v0.9.0 beta) [Discord stuff]

Author Topic: GuiPlus - In development again (v0.9.0 beta) [Discord stuff]  (Read 8453 times)

You can now sort the server list by hosts too.

GuiPlus is now ready for a beta download.

does this interfere with blockland glass or does it just overwrite the guis

Sticking with the main menu when connecting is excellent. Client_Themes works fine with this.

Have you got any plans on adding server sorting to grid view, or joining with double-click?
« Last Edit: January 13, 2017, 01:07:31 AM by Abstath »

I don't see why Blockland Glass would break with this, it mainly prevents MainMenuGui and MainMenuButtonsGui from popping up (any attempts will bring the GuiPlus main menu instead)
Let me know if anything breaks (I'll be testing later)

Have you got any plans on adding server sorting to grid view, or joining with double-click?
Yeah, someone on Discord was asking about these suggestions

Removes Server Preview and Favorite Servers most likely.

Removes Server Preview and Favorite Servers most likely.
I mind as well add right clicking so you can either:
Blacklist the host's name which will just check if the name is in the host's name
Add/Remove favorites

With this in mind I'll also work on double-clicking to join a server as an option (adding a settings gui for guiplus) and have servers sort in the grid like the list does.

As long as the server list gui control is still called JS_ServerList if you just add a button to the server list if the player has Glass and call joinServerGui.preview(); it should function with Glass and allow you to preview the server.

For the favorites thing, Glass 4.0 has a different way to doing server favorites so they're actually located on the main menu. If you add the GlassFavoriteServerSwatch control to your main menu it should be fine.

WHERE TO BEGIN?

I'M LITERALLY SCREAMING.

being serious, this is AMAZING AS HELL! good job!

Trying to release these in chunks so there's not so much updating the client unless there was a big problem that had to be fixed

Planning to make an update soon (0.9.0), here are some fixes (~) and features (+): (Still editing this)
  + You can now double click on grid and the server list to join a server that was selected
      + You can also press enter to join the selected server
      + You can right click the selected server and have a few options to it
  + Backgrounds should cycle
      + Background manager
  + Added settings for GUI+ (this is WIP so it might look ew for a while)
      + Highlight settings and 2 types of settings will pop up: Game, GUI+
      + Added a setting to change all menu buttons to be capitalized such as "start game" to "Start game" Will be in the future, this will take a super long time to do because I have to make 4 images of every button
  ~ Compatible with Glass for favorites and previewing a server
      ~ If you have Glass your favorites will be imported from GUI+ and added to Glass
  ~ Hopefully fixed ping randomly going "---" even though it was already set
  ~ Fixed problems with searching on grid view and list
  ~ Fixed weird extent problem with ping in the loading menu
  ~ Fixed server list not auto-sorting when refreshing the list
  ~ Fixed server list not sorting correctly with colors included
« Last Edit: January 28, 2017, 10:30:16 AM by Kyuande »

This is really amazing.

I wonder if Glass' GameMode images (where you can tell the game to download an image to set as background for a specific GameMode) could be integrated? Doesn't matter if not, just curious.

If anyone has wondered, yes I have slowed development for a while, mainly because midterms are here and busy with college stuff. Eventually this will have more progress though.

Does anyone have any suggestions that are not included in 0.9?

If anyone want to see progress I mostly post stuff in Discord, here's the perma invite: https://discord.gg/PAzBBuZ