So I work as a hauler/delivery guy and this happened today.

Author Topic: So I work as a hauler/delivery guy and this happened today.  (Read 1749 times)

I work as a hauler for a hospital. I take blood from the bank and deliver it to the hospital in need. They usually queue up so I take a stuffload of blood from the bank and deliver it in multiple hospitals, according to what they asked for.

So anyways, I also volunteer at a foundation to take food, toys, etc to a place with poverty that's inside of the city (Villa 31). Today, while unloading, the guys at the foundation asked me to go in to have a drink and thanked me for everything and whatnot. The guy that was unloading came in too and told me that the truck's already unloaded so I could go park it and lock it. I go to park it and I notice that my iPad is missing. I park the truck, go in, and tell Oscar, the guy that runs the foundation that my iPad is missing and if I leave without it, I'm never coming back because I don't want to be thinking if today I'm getting robbed or not.

He told me "Don't worry". Makes a few calls, gets up and yells "Who the forget took this man's iPad? You loving ungrateful bastards! He brings holiday gifts, food, and other stuff you guys need from the kindness of his heart and you morons steal from him. I give whoever took it 5 seconds before shoving my foot so far up your ass that it'd come out of your mouth!".

A few minutes later, the iPad appeared and the person who took it was sobbing. It was a 14-year old-ish kid who looked at the opportunity and took it saying how sorry he was. The kid had a complete breakdown.

Since I got it back, I told Oscar I'd continue coming and he said that this will be the last time this will happen to me.

Edit: They asked me to go in to have a drink because this is like the 11th time I take stuff to them and especially since it's holiday season. A holiday called "Los Reyes Magos" was on 6/1 so the toys corresponded to that holiday.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2017, 09:23:13 AM by Pastrey Crust »

I almost feel bad for the kid because of guy yelling and scaring the crap out of him but I hope he learned a valuable lesson that stealing is wrong.

I almost feel bad for the kid because of guy yelling and scaring the crap out of him but I hope he learned a valuable lesson that stealing is wrong.
He deserved it. I'm bringing goods which were donated around the city to where he's at and he steals from the guy that brings it to him. I'm not the only one volunteering. It's the same scenario if he takes from me or someone else who brings items. It's a very ungrateful gesture.

that kid still deserves an ass beating

that kid still deserves an ass beating
I'd volunteer for that
« Last Edit: January 10, 2017, 09:36:48 AM by Filipe »

if your van crashes will it just release all the blood in a gory explosion

If I stole something and got caught I'd probably cry too.
I feel bad when someone loses something of great value to them, and this would make me a very stuffty thief.

Not saying I actually did this, I just am this kind of person.

if your van crashes will it just release all the blood in a gory explosion
No, lol. The blood is in a sac and the sac in a box with stryofoam to absorb any impacts and the box with the blood in an even bigger box which has the hospital's name and address and the contents of the box. You'd have to actually crush the entire pickup part of my truck for it to be a gory explosion.

damn, you're a real nice dude, bringin all that stuff for people who need it

respect.

holy stuff that guy needs to be prohibited from being within 20 feet of any child

but still that kid needs a good spanker

holy stuff that guy needs to be prohibited from being within 20 feet of any child
The reaction is justified. I would've beat the stuff out of the kid in front of everyone if I was him an I bet the little stuff will never do that again.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2017, 05:05:26 PM by Pastrey Crust »