stories about you getting scammed/ripped off/phished

Author Topic: stories about you getting scammed/ripped off/phished  (Read 1379 times)

share stories about you about to get scammed/got scammed and stuff. you're also welcome to discuss any scams/phishing stuff going on lately too.

2 years ago i was at a store looking for a pair of earbuds that i would like for my phone and my computer. i was also looking for headphones if i had the money, which is until i came across a pair of headphones that got me interested because of it's "bass." not entirely sure what brand was it but when you used their headphones at their sample test counter, they had some loving great bass which is what i liked for my earbuds/headphones. i decided to make my choice and buy the ones that were sampled. i think they costed around $60-$100, and after i tried them on there was literally twice the lesser loving bass there was than what they showed off on the counter. it made me kinda loving disappointed and i felt ripped off because of it, i thought they were really good headphones. i decided to refund and get something else like a pair of bose earbuds. i was noticed that even the help staff noticed through the "marketing" of their bullstuff products lmao.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2017, 10:12:52 PM by Timestamp »

Once in NY, I took a photo with some cosplayers. The starfishs told me I had to pay them $10 to keep it. $10 is $150Ars for me. I deleted the photo from my phone infront of them, shoved a middle finger and walked backwards to disappear into the night.

And a few days back, my mom got a flat with the truck. I put the spare and whatnot. Told her to tell the guys at the tire shop to switch it back. They wanted $130Ars to change it. I changed it myself when she got back and bought $130Ars worth of candy.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2017, 10:16:10 PM by Pastrey Crust »

$10 is $150Ars for me.

That's what you get for living in a 3rd world country

some dude tried to issue a refund thing on ebay when i sold my phone to him and he didnt realize that the tracking number said it shipped to his house
ebay ruled in my favor because he didnt respond nor communicate at all during the transaction and he didnt have anything to prove me wrong

one time when I was like 9 I fell for a phishing scam on xbox live
never again

one time when I was like 9 I fell for a phishing scam on xbox live
never again

Did they find your carrot collection

Did they find your carrot collection
have I ever posted on this forum about how the people who broke into my house like a year ago undoubtedly saw my dragon carrot, and also so did the detective who came afterwards
cus that happened

but has it ever happened due to my failure to recognize a scam of some kind? hell no B)

have I ever posted on this forum about how the people who broke into my house like a year ago undoubtedly saw my dragon carrot, and also so did the detective who came afterwards
cus that happened

but has it ever happened due to my failure to recognize a scam of some kind? hell no B)
holy stuff lol
give us the full story

holy stuff lol
give us the full story
well that's pretty much it. I kept it behind my TV at the time, and the thieves took my TV, so they couldn't have missed it. then later, as usual, a detective came by to take pictures an stuff, so obviously he'd have seen it too. presumably that also means there's a bright pink and purple dragon carrot in some police report somewhere, unless he chose not to include it out of embarrassment or something

basically gave away a tf2 bills hat to someone that lived locally (like, in my neighborhood)
that was ages ago though and i forgot about it until about a year after and i just didn't care by then

also greyhound stations. speaks for itself

well that's pretty much it. I kept it behind my TV at the time, and the thieves took my TV, so they couldn't have missed it. then later, as usual, a detective came by to take pictures an stuff, so obviously he'd have seen it too. presumably that also means there's a bright pink and purple dragon carrot in some police report somewhere, unless he chose not to include it out of embarrassment or something
"holy stuff we're robbing a furry"

i was an idiot and got phished. very thankful i was able to get my account back

i was an idiot and got phished. very thankful i was able to get my account back
good job my man

I used to get tricked in tf2 all the time...
People would take my really cool weapons like the machinima and cow mangler in exchange for these stupid hats and shirts....
:((

I used to get tricked in tf2 all the time...
People would take my really cool weapons like the machinima and cow mangler in exchange for these stupid hats and shirts....
:((
damn dude :((((((9