Screamer megathread

Author Topic: Screamer megathread  (Read 801 times)

ƧℂЯƎДℳƎЯ ℳƎᎶД✞ℍЯƎД∂

ЩHДΓ ΓHΞ FЦCҜ DФ I DФ?
You post screamers, pretty simple.

screamer

A Flash program or video that appears to be a game, a test or a still image. The point is to get somebody to concentrate on the program for a period of time and then all of a sudden a loud scream is heard. Often these screams are coupled with a scary image. These programs are meant to be jokes to scare the hell out of people. These often work because the person is often so involved in the program or concentrating so hard they are totally taken by surprise when the scream and scary image come on. There are many of these programs on the internet and Liquid Generation’s Sabatoge series is a good example of these Flash programs. Some other examples of these kinds of programs are:

A maze game where you can't touch the edges with your cursor. You only get to level 3 and when you are trying to navigate your cursor through a small area the scream starts with a scary image of a possessed woman.

A vision test where you need to trace a large letter with your mouse and not go outside of the lines. Then a scream comes up and a scary image.

ЯЦLΞS
  • The video you linked must be a screamer
  • The video must be shorter than 30 minutes
  • Do not post another video that someone has already posted

OH MAN

Thought you meant the ear rape type but this is even worse

does this count as trap link or no because OP told us it was a screamer therefore breaking the surprise

does this count as trap link or no because OP told us it was a screamer therefore breaking the surprise
Since it's contained in the thread, maybe not. Unless someone links outside the thread and in turn pisses on Badspot's strawberries.

this doesnt break rules because its explained as ascreamer

actually doesn't the rule topic list screamers?

like right here

like right here

Well these don't count as trap links though because people will already know that these are screamers

[im g]http://i.imgur.com/ijDZH8P.png[/img]

like right here
the rule says no trap links
it isn't a trap link when you're being told exactly what it contains

like if there was a music megathread and someone posted "Rick Astley - Never Gonna Give You Up" they wouldn't be banned just because of rick-roll being in the no traps links rule explanation

like if there was a music megathread and someone posted "Rick Astley - Never Gonna Give You Up" they wouldn't be banned just because of rick-roll being in the no traps links rule explanation
This explanation doesn't work because the action of rickrolling requires there not being any signs of it being a rickroll, while a screamer is just a screamer. There's no requirement besides a scary, sudden image, video or audio. It's still a screamer even if you literally say "this is a screamer," while saying "This is a rickroll" and linking to never gonna give you up is no longer a rickroll.

that is true and i am wrong about that part

kinda literally freaked cause I chose just like 20 min ago to watch "my super psycho sweet 16" and I have literally never watched a "horror" by choice

and now this thread oh my god

but why not I guess

as long as it's contained within a thread can we do research to?

that is true and i am wrong about that part
Besides, if I recall posting a link to Rickroll is an auto-ban.

I am fairly confident that as soon as we start discussing whether or not something is bannable under X circumstance, someone is usually banned.

I don't think this thread breaks the spirit of the rules
however I would still be wary about attempting to skirt around the word of the rules, justifying it only because it doesn't break them in spirit