Calling all UK Blocklanders!

Author Topic: Calling all UK Blocklanders!  (Read 3597 times)

liverpool, good city, better than manchester of course
Ah, I have a cousin in Chester who's going for university, he heads up to Liverpool all the time. Asked him to show me a night out in Liverpool as I heard it's a lot of fun but he never responded. Not sure if he's the type that gets out very much :x

Not too sure how parties are handled over there which I'm very curious about. Would like to see how they compare to the college parties here.

Not too sure how parties are handled over there which I'm very curious about. Would like to see how they compare to the college parties here.

In Leeds, as far as I know (I'm a pub boy so just going off my flat mates here), you pre-drink in your flat with your mates (ie; get wasted/do drugs before going out to get wasted) then you go out to a club and get wasted/do drugs, then you go to McDonalds before heading to the next club to get wasted/do drugs and then you go to any other club that's still open at all to get wasted/do drugs. Then you see if you can manage to find your way home at about 5 in the morning before lectures at 9, if you manage to get home then you get the bonus prize of ordering legit good dominoes (dem food trading standards tho). Then you do all that every night for a week and end up in hospital at least once

you should stay in iceland for a while. they don't have mosquitoes so they are automatically better than every single country on earth

In Leeds, as far as I know (I'm a pub boy so just going off my flat mates here), you pre-drink in your flat with your mates (ie; get wasted/do drugs before going out to get wasted) then you go out to a club and get wasted/do drugs, then you go to McDonalds before heading to the next club to get wasted/do drugs and then you go to any other club that's still open at all to get wasted/do drugs. Then you see if you can manage to find your way home at about 5 in the morning before lectures at 9, if you manage to get home then you get the bonus prize of ordering legit good dominoes (dem food trading standards tho). Then you do all that every night for a week and end up in hospital at least once
Sounds about right ahahaha. Are you a supporter of Leeds United? I have a lot of family all in that area so I might be heading to some matches!
And any clubs or pubs you recommend?
you should stay in iceland for a while. they don't have mosquitoes so they are automatically better than every single country on earth
I'm staying for 9 hours in between US and England on the way over, and 29 hours on the way back. Looking to check out that blue lagoon spot.

Just say english blocklanders, pretty sure the uk all hates eachother

England is one of those countries where you can be stoned to death for getting raped, be careful!

Don't want to leave out my Welsh friends!
Scotland on the other hand...

Sounds about right ahahaha. Are you a supporter of Leeds United? I have a lot of family all in that area so I might be heading to some matches!
And any clubs or pubs you recommend?

Nah, football ain't my jam. As for pubs and clubs I'm pretty useless in that regard since me and my friends pretty much just hang out in the same pub every week 'cause our course society hosts a pub social there on Mondays. Our pub is called the Library and the Old Bar inside the University of Leeds Student Union is pretty alright too. If you look around on the University of Leeds Facebook pages you might be able to find an Otley run and tag along on that if you feel like a pub crawl.
In terms of clubs I've heard that Fruity's and Sticky Feet are pretty good, Pryzm is popular as well. Make sure you bring photographic ID out with you no matter where you end up going drinking and, dunno if it's the same in America, but remember to get tickets for the clubs you want or you'll be scalped a fortune at the door.

nope

Don't want to leave out my Welsh friends!
Scotland on the other hand...
You wont understand stuff.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzTCUJhED0g
This is a song sung by "The Wee Man" who is a Scottish comedian who's character is that he's the Scottish version of a chav/slav (a ned in scotland), just be thankful that you have lyrics there.
nope
well i hate u poopy butt

nope

Only when there're no foreigners to make fun of instead. And then when there's no other members of the union around to make fun of we start making fun of other cities.

I mean honestly, forget the mancs

I'm staying for 9 hours in between US and England on the way over, and 29 hours on the way back. Looking to check out that blue lagoon spot.
blue lagoon is a GOOD idea.

blue lagoon is a GOOD idea.
Any other ideas for fun things to do in Iceland!? You seem to know your stuff!

look for felix the cat in huddersfield train station
but yeah london is a cool place to go if you've never been, like camden town and southbank, the more touristy areas.

Thanks Pablo for rounding up the UK cigarettes.

Now that you're all here, las Islas Malvinas son Argentinas!
oh while you're at it, the falkland islands are a nice british area to visit.

Any other ideas for fun things to do in Iceland!? You seem to know your stuff!
well im not exactly an expert on iceland but ill try to give you my best idego-good advice...............
you won't be able to do much outside of reykjavik except for blue lagoon if you only have 9 hours. you could go to thingvellir if you want, its a ~40 minute drive east from reykjavik (you might need to rent a car to get there as there is no public transportation).  you can check out the big church in the center of town (hallgrímskirkja) its pretty cool and you can go up in the tower and theres a nice view of reykjavik. the area around the church is also pretty cool, theres some stuff you can see in downtown reykjavik like musems etc, navigating the city should be easy if you have a map. as i said before you wont be able to do much outside of reykjavik if you're going to the blue lagoon. theres alot of nice scenery around reykjavik but idk if you'll be able to see it with only 9 hours... i hope this helped thankl you a nd god bless