[NEWS] protestors put up "resist" banner on crane near white house

Author Topic: [NEWS] protestors put up "resist" banner on crane near white house  (Read 9261 times)

Fascist governments are customarily run by dictators, so...

In fact, I can't really think of a single fascist government that had democratic representation.

Did Estado Novo have elections?

In fact, I can't really think of a single fascist government that had democratic representation.

The United States xDDD

Did Estado Novo have elections?
Not an expert on Brazilian history but my gut says no.

Not an expert on Brazilian history

You sure as forget aren't because Estado Novo was in Portugal.

Yeah I remember all those commercials with rich celebrities telling me to vote for Annoying Orange...

...Oh wait
the DNC and RNC's existences are a testament to the rich telling the poor who to vote for.

It was also the Brazilian dictator state
« Last Edit: January 26, 2017, 12:28:41 AM by Nonnel »

It was also the Brazilian dictator state

The first thing that comes up is for Portugal and even in the second article it asks which one you want between the two. I would say the one that lasted longer (Portugals) is a better representation.

Point still stands lol. I am barely familiar with the regime at all. It's just that if you had to make me guess whether a random fascist state runs democratic elections, I'd have to say no.

Then what is Fascism if not Totalitarian?
It is a rejection of the materialism present in both capitalism and communism. Both capitalism and communism as systems tend to have as their goal the material enrichment of people's lives whether or not these goals are realized in practice. Most of the west, capitalist or communist, idolizes "peace" and "human rights" as the greatest good towards which to strive. In reality this means that such people believe that humanity is at its best when we can all just get fat, do drugs, and watch TV all day without interruption. At its core a fascist acknowledges that there is some higher purpose. This could be racial identity, national status, technological progress, pleasing a god, and other things which someone would willingly endure struggle for. Humanity is defined by this desire for struggle and its ability to create a state which is instrumental in facilitating it. This state, which encapsulates all of culture, religion, language, art, economics, morality, and politics uses these things as tools to achieve those goals for its nation.

As an aside: A nation is defined here as a group of people with a common identity and goals. This is different from a "country" as it were. Nationalism is allegiance to a nation under this definition, whereas patriotism is allegiance to a specific government. As such you can be a patriot but not a nationalist, and a nationalist but not a patriot, or you can be both.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2017, 12:36:05 AM by DrenDran »

but there isn't a higher purpose

It is a rejection of the materialism present in both capitalism and communism. Both capitalism and communism as systems tend to have as their goal the material enrichment of people's lives whether or not these goals are realized in practice. Most of the west, capitalist or communist, idolizes "peace" and "human rights" as the greatest good towards which to strive. In reality this means that such people believe that humanity is at its best when we can all just get fat, do drugs, and watch TV all day without interruption. At its core a fascist acknowledges that there is some higher purpose. This could be racial identity, national status, technological progress, pleasing a god, and other things which someone would willingly endure struggle for. Humanity is defined by this desire for struggle and its ability to create a state which is instrumental in facilitating it. This state, which encapsulates all of culture, religion, language, art, economics, morality, and politics uses these things as tools to do so.

Sounds like a supplement for the gaping hole left behind by religion

Go eat yourself into a McComa® ancap

Sounds like a supplement for the gaping hole left behind by religion
It's religion without the fictional elements.

I don't believe in god, but there's a hell of a lot of good religion has done for us through out the centuries. If we modernized religion with the state in place of the supernatural we could achieve great things.

lol wtf DrenDran
I figured I'd try and give a personal answer, instead of stuffposting.

Go eat yourself into a McComa® ancap
hey, fascist, if you exaggerate my position, i'll exaggerate yours

I don't believe in god, but there's a hell of a lot of good religion has done for us through out the centuries. If we modernized religion with the state in place of the supernatural we could achieve great things.

Sounds like the worst idea. At least when you place your faith in a fictional being it doesn't affect your everyday life. It doesn't take much for a state to become corrupt.

hey, fascist, if you exaggerate my position, i'll exaggerate yours

Your position is being an autistic sperg Nonnel.

Finding 'objective' morality does not matter if you genuinely believe human beings are wired as such to seek out higher purposes.
It's only a matter then of finding people who agree on the same purpose as you (a nation), and then creating a state together.

Sounds like the worst idea. At least when you place your faith in a fictional being it doesn't affect your everyday life. It doesn't take much for a state to become corrupt.
But if you don't have any ideology that affects your daily life, then what are you making all daily decisions based off of? Entirely your own selfish pleasures? There's nothing wrong with seeking pleasure but there should be more to life.

Also, I feel that contemporary culture is like an abused woman who is afraid of men. They've witnessed some horrible things and now their collective trauma prohibits them from realizing their true potential.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2017, 12:42:10 AM by DrenDran »