What do new websites have that older ones didn't?

Author Topic: What do new websites have that older ones didn't?  (Read 1857 times)

tab

I was thinking about a universal script that changes modernized websites to make them look more 2000s-like. I don't know exactly what it is that new websites have, though, that makes them so much more complex than they used to be. Is it HTML5? A new type of CSS? JS?

jquery toolbars is what first comes to mind, though just html5 makes things easier

i really like this new account, willy.

tab

Functionality.

flashy moving stuff ≠ better functionality

Stocking will be pleased
I could see stocking raping willy and willy enjoying it honestly

go to any angelfire website

flashy moving stuff ≠ better functionality
Functionality as in smoothness, ease of use, user-friendly, non-headache inducing, features and tools, stuff like that.

tab

Functionality as in smoothness, ease of use, user-friendly, non-headache inducing, features and tools, stuff like that.

In all honesty, it sort of has the opposite effect on me. I don't see the need for websites to be any more than something like Newgrounds. All the other stuff feels like it bloats the site up.

In all honesty, it sort of has the opposite effect on me. I don't see the need for websites to be any more than something like Newgrounds. All the other stuff feels like it bloats the site up.
I agree, I'd be fine if many sites were basically Web 1.0 in nature. All websites should have to have a javascript free option for people to use.
(And yes, I realize this means all data would have to be submitted via GET and POST calls)

it's not new versions of HTML, CSS, or JS, it's just that design choises change over time, and maybe our standards are being held higher so professionals are used instead of your typical nerd Steve.

i pref old websites back when it was a simpler land of web design <3