Author Topic: Check if WeaponImage touching/inside brick?  (Read 1308 times)

I want to find out if you can check if the weapon is touching a brick for this lightsaber, I want it to simulate a sizzle effect when the lightsaber touches

no you cannot. images dont contact other things when mounted.

you can however try to make a bot and do oncollision on that. i'm not sure if that would work if the player is overlapping bricks though while mounted - my guess is no given that onPlayerTouch events dont work when you're mounted to a vehicle and your body is intersecting the brick the event is on.

no you cannot. images dont contact other things when mounted.

you can however try to make a bot and do oncollision on that. i'm not sure if that would work if the player is overlapping bricks though while mounted - my guess is no given that onPlayerTouch events dont work when you're mounted to a vehicle and your body is intersecting the brick the event is on.
could you create an invisible projecile that relays and when it hits any brick it turns visible?

could you create an invisible projecile that relays and when it hits any brick it turns visible?

no. a couple things are wrong with that idea: one being you cant just toggle on or off the visibility of a projectile

the only real way to do this is to spam raycasts from the handle upwards relative to the way the player is looking, but this is likely a very spammy and bad idea and wouldnt really result in a good looking effect

the saber would clip through the wall anyways so its not like its going to look good when its touching a wall.

He's using Crystalwarrior's Melee Weapon Base as a base for his add-on, and something interesting about it is that it does a loop to register hit detection, which can allow for some interesting effects. I removed a lot of the checks that make swords and such bounce off of bricks when they collide, which kinda allows us to determine when the weapon is inside of a brick, but only when "firing"

example:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDWZV_S6XVM

Replace the effects and sounds with some more lightsaber-y stuff and it should work out. might have other undesirable effects tho. haven't check it out much

the only real way to do this is to spam raycasts from the handle upwards relative to the way the player is looking, but this is likely a very spammy and bad idea and wouldnt really result in a good looking effect

the saber would clip through the wall anyways so its not like its going to look good when its touching a wall.

This is exactly what I told you via Steam. It's just not viable especially with the amount of players you expect to have.