Author Topic: [Item] Lighter (Updated 02.02.2017)  (Read 6955 times)

Holy stuff, these are bloody awesome.
Can't wait for someone to make a Fistful of Frags Deathmatch with these

I've already done that a few times

But who will make whiskey that you can drink and then have a blurry screen but heal?

I made them with Bricks, but an whiskey item shouldn't be too hard to make.

Add this to the item's ImageData
Code: [Select]
   hasLight = true;
   lightType = "PulsingLight";
   lightTime = 16;
   lightRadius = 5;
   lightColor  = "1 1 1 1"

Raise the value of lightTime to make it flicker faster
i would like to point out that image lights are bugged and don't quote me on this but am 99% sure they only sync to the host and not to connected clients

Use something like swollows torch script or whatever as a base for the lighter because that's more updated and functional

Seems like I gotta update it again then, I'll work on it if I got the time but for now I think I gotta build some miniature axes first as some people offered me money for that.

I remember doing a command in the commnad box that sets your screen all funny like you were taking a DOF picture, Maybe you can use that command to make people drunk on the whisky

Edit: DOFpreview(1);

That's the command!
« Last Edit: February 03, 2017, 08:01:44 AM by Daniel.S »

I remember doing a command in the commnad box that sets your screen all funny like you were taking a DOF picture, Maybe you can use that command to make people drunk on the whisky

Edit: DOFpreview(1);

That's the command!
thats a client sided command

thats a client sided command
I know, Could you not make it so when they drink the whisky item it does that for 10-30 seconds?

I know, Could you not make it so when they drink the whisky item it does that for 10-30 seconds?
client sided meaning the server has no control over it

To get a drunken effect you could try spawning an invisible explosion. I believe some weapons do this to simulate recoil as well. Looking at the rocket launcher, the following fields set in an explosion datablock will adjust the strength of the camera shake.

Code: (File: Weapon_Rocket_Launcher.cs Lines: 247-251) [Select]
shakeCamera = true;
camShakeFreq = "10.0 11.0 10.0";
camShakeAmp = "3.0 10.0 3.0";
camShakeDuration = 0.5;
camShakeRadius = 20.0;

Be sure to set the camShakeRadius to a value that will only reach a player if it's spawned directly at their position.

Torque's "screen shake" isn't so good but if it's the only choice...

To get a drunken effect you could try spawning an invisible explosion. I believe some weapons do this to simulate recoil as well. Looking at the rocket launcher, the following fields set in an explosion datablock will adjust the strength of the camera shake.

Code: (File: Weapon_Rocket_Launcher.cs Lines: 247-251) [Select]
shakeCamera = true;
camShakeFreq = "10.0 11.0 10.0";
camShakeAmp = "3.0 10.0 3.0";
camShakeDuration = 0.5;
camShakeRadius = 20.0;

Be sure to set the camShakeRadius to a value that will only reach a player if it's spawned directly at their position.

On bricks you can use the Pushbroom hit, which must be this. Just play it several times in a row in different "sizes" and it should do the job, though it's far from perfect it was the closest I could get.