Author Topic: [Item] Lighter (Updated 02.02.2017)  (Read 6896 times)

I've never really seen something like this in all these years of playing this game, so I decided to make one as it could be useful for some gamemodes.
It's the first Add-On I've ever released so it might have some flaws, also I might mention that I pretty much just edited the script of Demian's Lantern (If this is a problem, I'll take it off again) as I'm not that much of a talented scripter.
Features :
-Custom model with animation
-Custom sounds (I recorded them myself)
-Custom Icon
-Emits light (well of course it does.)

Update Notes :
-Light now flickers
-Light radius reduced

Pics :

Download :
http://www.mediafire.com/file/0fb09sd3dfhj7de/Item_Lighter.zip
« Last Edit: February 02, 2017, 09:18:22 AM by M0RRIS »

nice first addon! pretty great - i was considering making something like this but this clearly is well made.

only gripe is how dark the lighter metal is. id think these would be more stainless-steel than cast-iron colored

nice first addon! pretty great - i was considering making something like this but this clearly is well made.

only gripe is how dark the lighter metal is. id think these would be more stainless-steel than cast-iron colored

Thank you! Well it's not quite the first I've ever made but the first I've released. At first I wanted to make the metal lighter too but as they come in different colors (the one I recorded the sound with actually was black) I decided to be lazy and use the colors that I already had.

If it doesn't already the light should have a subtle flicker

ooo nice. link to these guns?

If it doesn't already the light should have a subtle flicker

It doesn't, as I mentioned before I'm not that much of a scripter, I'll change it if I figure out how.

ooo nice. link to these guns?

There is none, I made them and a bunch more but they are still WIP

I've seen a lighter before quite some time ago. Nice addon btw!

I've seen a lighter before quite some time ago. Nice addon btw!

Thank you, well I only remember a so called lighter which was pretty much just a grey box and the lighter brick/prop of course. Couldn't find one like this either way.

There is none, I made them and a bunch more but they are still WIP
M A K E

It doesn't, as I mentioned before I'm not that much of a scripter, I'll change it if I figure out how.
Add this to the item's ImageData
Code: [Select]
   hasLight = true;
   lightType = "PulsingLight";
   lightTime = 16;
   lightRadius = 5;
   lightColor  = "1 1 1 1"

Raise the value of lightTime to make it flicker faster

This is nice, thank you for sharing this.

Add this to the item's ImageData
Code: [Select]
   hasLight = true;
   lightType = "PulsingLight";
   lightTime = 16;
   lightRadius = 5;
   lightColor  = "1 1 1 1"

Raise the value of lightTime to make it flicker faster
^

Thanks alot! Fixed it.

M A K E

I'm using the Advanced Weapons Script, which is pretty complicated (at least to me) but offers lots of possible features.
Like dual wielding two different weapons

These are the models using this script (I've got like 7 or so more but some of them have two different fire animations and I don't know how to make that work with the Advanced Pack)

[NUT]
Holy stuff, these are bloody awesome.
Can't wait for someone to make a Fistful of Frags Deathmatch with these

Holy stuff, these are bloody awesome.
Can't wait for someone to make a Fistful of Frags Deathmatch with these

But who will make whiskey that you can drink and then have a blurry screen but heal?