Author Topic: Blockland not starting up correctly  (Read 928 times)

Ever since last night, I haven't been able to get blockland up and running for no exact reason. Whenever I try to start it up now, it does begin the program, but crashes while loading.
Can't really provide a log either since the game won't even start up. I tried downloading the demo and running that, didn't work. Tried to take out some files, didn't work. I even tried uninstalling blockland and downloaded the demo again and made blockland go through the process of loading up everything like it was a brand new program, and it still didn't work.
Can anyone help with this issue?

I've had this issue recently and it's caused by a bad driver in your computer. Try restarting the computer first, if that does not work, try updating/reinstalling your GPU driver.

Thanks. I restarted my computer and now blockland is running again.
No need for this topic anymore

Ok forget that last message as I was wrong, but here's what happened

It turns out that only on the first startup after a restart will blockland work, after that, it won't work anymore. So I got my brother to try and help, and because the laptop I use actually doesn't have a GPU, here's what he did:
-Reinstalled blockland again
-Ran 2 different types of anti-malware drivers to try and detect problems
Yet even with that, blockland still wouldn't start up. Luckily though, I have a steam blockland for dire cases like these, which my brother tried and that works perfectly. During this time now, I'll be using blockland on steam and be known as Ragekiller until something is done about this.

If I had to think, I would guess that something happened to blockland the last time it shut down that made it get a bit corrupted, leading to the program not opening after the first startup. For now this issue is solved, but I would still like to see if there are any solutions to this.

There is a service that I can not remember that Blockland needs to have, if it is not running Blockland can not open (other games using OpenGL/Glew/SDL may have issues too).

Although if you host dedicated it will work (it does not need to make a OpenGL window). It just seems to be a weird driver problem. Make sure you are updated with your OS and GPU