Author Topic: The Blocklounge: Race/Kart Battle, or Dodgeball first?  (Read 1673 times)

People have advised me "Show, don't tell." So here's what I've been working on.

imma put something here in a while maybe
Now, this doesn't look like much. Some fancy glowy stuff, some weirdness with transparent bricks and FX bricks, OK, anyone can do that. But the key part of this is that center red baseplate you can sorta see in the second picture. That's where the fun happens; At the press of a button, any named brick and what it supports can be destroyed, and something else loaded in its place! A boxing ring, for example, could appear, or a number of small walls and dodgeballs. All sorts of hilarity could ensue.

3 of the 4 passageways are going to lead further into the Lounge, where you can find fun stuff to do, and one will lead to an outdoor area; a emtpy, fenced-in parking lot would be all you find, but that can vanish and be replaced by any number of weird landscapes or other structures at the press of a button as well! A racetrack, a large deathmatch arena, even some sort of RPG or empty space for building!

Don't worry about the environment being totally dark shadows and really bright light, that can also change at the press of a button. And all of this could be automated, as well, should an admin not be available.

I need maps, but I'm working on a few.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2017, 03:45:08 PM by SuperSuit12 »

should I make my old Canyon CTF map into something that can attach to the Blocklounge's outside door?

I think the point was waiting until you're further through a project before posting about it

Depending on whether CrunchyRoll will play nice with Awesomium, I might be hosting an anime thing with the in-game browser addon.
Recommendations on what anime? I'm a minor so IIRC it's illegal for me to watch anything researchographic and I don't think most of you really want to watch those sorts of things with other people, so don't recommend anything where you can see naughty bits, k?
« Last Edit: February 04, 2017, 10:07:00 PM by SuperSuit12 »

I'm a minor so IIRC it's illegal for me to watch anything researchographic
Surely that can't be right lol

nope
I do believe it is
I know it's at least illegal for people to GIVE research to minors
« Last Edit: February 04, 2017, 10:06:36 PM by SuperSuit12 »

jesus and the police are always watching, if you open research they will find you

dragon ball super
uh shouldn't I watch the other dragon ball stuff first, or is it a reboot or something?

DLL may or may not be broken, A Fine Building Block says he doesn't see anything but it worked for him on Mr LoL's server, so uh probably no anime?

You might have the old DLL; I think you also have to send stuff to the client for things to work properly (?)

You might have the old DLL; I think you also have to send stuff to the client for things to work properly (?)
The GitHub page I downloaded it from seems to be the most recent one.

im pretty sure when you open a webpage on the server, it just goes to the webpage on the clients computer.

in other words, unless the client is subscribed to crunchy roll and logged in (you have to pay for it dont you?) they wont see the video

yeah but they just see the print not anything at all

and crunchyroll is free with ads

would it be piracy if I were to upload these to YouTube UNLISTED to get around technical difficulties, then delete them when I was done watching? is that illegal or no? it's freely available content... Isn't there some 24-hour limit or something where it is legal to have copyright-protected stuff, or do I remember wrong?
inb4 banned because I was wrong and that'd be piracy and I talked about it
« Last Edit: February 10, 2017, 03:47:10 PM by SuperSuit12 »