Author Topic: Life is full of surprises (Blogland Forums)  (Read 2622 times)

So I been gone a while and figured I'd drop in to say hi as long as I was logging in to use the search feature.

Past two years have been so-so but things are improving lately for the most part. Still at college for computer science, in second semester of Junior year now and OH MY GOD IS IT EVER DULL.

If ShadowsfeaR is around, I still wear the button pin thing he sent me way back when. I don't wear my absolutely-trashy baseball cap anymore though, I finally realized that it just looks like stuff (all falling apart and too small and permanently stained with dirt and sweat) and that people notice that sort of thing.

I've run into a lot of problems with my best friends just up and vanishing from my life. Seems to happen pretty often and generally due to outside circumstances, though of course I have no guarantee of that. My paranoia seems to be so-so, social awkwardness also so-so, self-confidence sort of improving (see below) but I need to remember not to get roostery, that'll just end badly for everyone. I'm on different meds now that work a little better, so my mood is a bit better than it used to be, but I'm still kind of unstable. I'm a real work in progress, I guess. I'm starting to dislike communicating via text, too much mood and tone related stuff gets lost in it, I guess it feels sort of detached.

My best friend from last semester isn't back this semester, which is a bummer, but I got to visit her place two weeks ago and I guess we're dating now, I think? Can't visit each other very often yet. Neither of us have a car and she lives a good hour and a half away. I'm gonna be actually trying (like seriously really trying, the way I try when I'm stubborn) to get a job real soon, hopefully I can get something better than minimum wage and make enough over the summer to get a used car. She's really nice, a lot like me but quieter and more introverted, a lot more attractive (though she doesn't seem to see it), and fun to be around and just chill and play games with. In person, we get along really really well. Neither of us really knows what we're doing with the whole relationship thing though, we're definitely gonna need to have a talk about expectations and whatnot. I just hope communication doesn't become an issue - may need time to gather courage and whatnot. We've both got a lot of insecurities to work through, too, and based on some google-fu, it looks like both of us are chock-full of red flags. Both our families and our friends seem to think we're a cute couple though. *shrug*

So tl;dr: change, just change.

So whassup with you, BLF?

welcome back to opinionland forums

also i loving hate it when your best squad you built up over the whole year gets scattered as soon as a new year of school starts. it's like hitting the reset button, and you gotta look for a new friend in order to forget the painful memories of your good friend from last semester

also i loving hate it when your best squad you built up over the whole year gets scattered as soon as a new year of school starts. it's like hitting the reset button, and you gotta look for a new friend in order to forget the painful memories of your good friend from last semester
literally every semester at college lmao, ive got 2 good friends ive had since day 1 tho, but theyre leaving next year

also has she let you beat yet op?

yeah you smash on her yet?
DM and kik counts
homeboy ready to hit those home runs

We ain't that far along yet, taking things slow. Don't wanna run so fast you trip and fall on your face, yeah?

if it involves your face landing between her legs yeah
« Last Edit: February 06, 2017, 02:07:27 PM by PhantOS »

also i loving hate it when your best squad you built up over the whole year gets scattered as soon as a new year of school starts.
TRUUE squad dissolution is a b**ch, I've lived with the same core squad of guys for 2 years, but it's ending next year :(( who the forget do I live with now

TRUUE squad dissolution is a b**ch, I've lived with the same core squad of guys for 2 years, but it's ending next year :(( who the forget do I live with now
stuff yeah. That happens so much and it's awful. I barely see most of my friends from past years.

Wtf is a squad are you guys honor students or something

all my car enthusiast friends are doing college and stuff so now I have nobody to bomb around backroads with :(

yeah, probably one of my least favorite things to happen as well. sucks even more when the squad you build up is together and well for like two months into the school year then half of them decide to be stuffters and make the squad less fun for everyone - we have a theatre class at our school and it's ruined nearly every squad because they pretty much only talk among themselves

even though i never met you, welcome back, OP! have a good day/year/etc

this stuff sucks. been hanging out with the same people since 5th grade and now they're into drugs n stuff. not my cup of coffee. bye bye friends

Still at college for computer science, in second semester of Junior year now and OH MY GOD IS IT EVER DULL.
I've learned that CS at college is kind of a joke
everything they're trying to teach I already know from scripting addons or from my own projects
CS is easier self-taught than from a classroom

I've run into a lot of problems with my best friends just up and vanishing from my life. Seems to happen pretty often and generally due to outside circumstances, though of course I have no guarantee of that.
pretty sure that's normal
it's annoying, but friends are very temporary and unreliable

I've learned that CS at college is kind of a joke
everything they're trying to teach I already know from scripting addons or from my own projects
CS is easier self-taught than from a classroom
pretty sure that's normal
it's annoying, but friends are very temporary and unreliable
For the early level CS classes that's true but right now I've got "software engineering principles", "databases", and "net-centric computing" none of which I'm super familiar with, and yet even so they've managed to make it painful to touch.