Magus terrible admin on medieval RP.

Author Topic: Magus terrible admin on medieval RP.  (Read 34712 times)

Luthorious here, just pitching in to the many messages about 'stuff admins'. Most I've seen crack under pressure and are selfish, but I don't see that in magus often. However he banned around so 15 people for touching his mine cart in the halloween fest 2016

However he banned around so 15 people for touching his mine cart in the halloween fest 2016
did they get in its way on the track or something

Even if they did or didn't it's up for the builder to prevent that.

Yep. And the way it was placed would have made it difficult. Besides, people would've just stood on top of the invisible barriers.
You might have noticed that the ban times were usually for less than 30 minutes and much warning was given.

Noedit: and I did make the track kill people to prevent standing on it.

Unfortunate triple post: and the "mine cart" was a roller coaster. It's supposed to keep running. People seemed determined to derail it at every opportunity.

It's just a railroad track. Why couldn't you fetch them out of the way?

Unfortunate triple post: and the "mine cart" was a roller coaster. It's supposed to keep running. People seemed determined to derail it at every opportunity.

Sooo build it better?

This is like banning people for having a robot face. Soooo disable certain avatar parts?

Why not script the cart to prevent people from dismounting? lol

There are events to later dismount people so they don't have to worry about getting off.

he tried to prevent it but really even if you do all that you can to prevent it the people who keep trying their hardest to break it are still at fault and are enough of a nuisance to kick or ban them

This is like banning people for having a robot face. Soooo disable certain avatar parts?
wait how can you do that

i dont see any problem with banning people for doing something you told them not to do, its not like he asked them the impossible :P

no edit
Sooo build it better?

sometimes it's more trouble than it's worth to fix a certain thing people keep abusing so just telling them to not do it and ban them if they do it is alright
i dont see any problem with banning people for doing something you told them not to do, its not like he asked them the impossible :P
yea that

wait how can you do that

I have a script that disables avatar parts.

I also can lock avatars and prevent people from changing them and force people to select their own avatar before they spawn in the actual game.

Sooo build it better?

as the resident modder who was handling the code used on halloweenfest, i can personally confirm there is no good way to handle carts and that most of the effort was put into actually getting the stuff to work. the stuff would break every few runs so all the effort went into fixing that instead of code to stop starfishs from being starfishs. i figured that if starfishs showed up we'd just ban them.