Author Topic: [BREAKING NEWS] New controversial Netflix show "Dear White People" turning heads  (Read 18720 times)

Doesn't contribute to the Tomatometer which is currently 28 - 0. "Out of x" ratings are largely arbitrary.
The tomatometer isn't a rating, it's just a measure of what percent of people think you should watch it. A show could have a 100% rating but be rated a 7/10, and a different show could have a 90% rating but be rated a 8.5/10. Breaking Bad is more acclaimed on Rotten Tomatoes than Dear White People. You really need to learn your facts before you spew more white nonsense.

The tomatometer isn't a rating, it's just a measure of what percent of people think you should watch it. A show could have a 100% rating but be rated a 7/10, and a different show could have a 90% rating but be rated a 8.5/10. Breaking Bad is more acclaimed on Rotten Tomatoes than Dear White People.

Yeah, and I'm saying I'd be confused if the Tomatometer doesn't eventually drop below Breaking Bad's (because it is currently overall higher), because obviously Breaking Bad is more acclaimed. The Tomatometer is a percentage of critics who recommend vs who do not recommend, like Steam's system of ratings, so I'm not sure why you wouldn't consider it a rating

You really need to learn your facts before you spew more white nonsense.

Why bother with this troll stuff? It's clear you want to have a decent conversation, just have one

90% of the people that don't like this show are just bitter at the title and have only taken a cursory glance at the material before dismissing it as tribal.

how mentally inept do you have to be to unsatirically name a show "Dear White People"
Remember the part, like... a few months ago where people in this thread brought up where this show came from?

Look a little to the loving left.

the Tomatometer which is currently 28 - 0

I watched the first episode.
The intro gave me a few laughs.
The rest was just meh. Watchable; not watching the bar thinking "is it done yet?", but not terribly excited to continue on to the second episode, either.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2017, 12:20:15 AM by Headcrab Zombie »

Look a little to the loving left.

Well no stuff, but we can pull down the average rating.

How mentally inept do you have to be to not realize the show is a satire?
it was a satire??? oh gee?? couldn't tell. not at all.

edit: im calling it bad. i dont like it
« Last Edit: May 01, 2017, 06:25:19 AM by Hansome duded »

Quote from: rt reviews
All the white men claiming this is tribal. Like?? You know that reverse racism doesn't exist.. Right? It's structurally and historically simply not possible. Many of you have only read the preview - I really encourage you to watch the whole thing and then check your damn privilege afterwards.

Brilliant show with brilliant actors and actresses. Big thumbs up for the diverse cast (including lgb-characters). All we need is a new Muslims and transgender people and I think we're there ;). Or a biloveual, disabled, black woman... Just a little suggestion but really. I can't say anything bad about this show. It's perfect and I watched the whole thing in just 2 days.
i almost thought this was real

i gotta say you really nailed that title
it gets attention without seeming like clickbait

Well no stuff, but we can pull down the average rating.

That's dumb and pathetic and doesn't prove everything

i gotta say you really nailed that title
it gets attention without seeming like clickbait
It's my job to make sure the BLF has fair and credible journalism, I find it a personal responsibility given my talents.

Call me a psychic, but I have a feeling you haven't watched the show.

This is what the trailer showed me.
This is how I judge the show.

I'd love to see some white trash get away with making a show called "Dear Black People". There'd be a war between the races for a century.