Author Topic: Server hosting no longer working  (Read 2343 times)

So I was hosting my Hockenheimring (Like always) having fun with Filipe and many others doing stupid things when suddenly my internet died.
Now my hosting dosnt work.

I have tried different port forwarding combinations, Turning UPnP on and off both in game and on my Router, I even turned my firewall off.
Nothing is working.

Please help.

did you check if your local IP changed? your router may have the same settings, but recognizes you as a different computer now, so the settings aren't being applied to you

WALDO did suggest that, but never told me where to find it.
Where do I find it and If it has changed what do I do?

WALDO did suggest that, but never told me where to find it.
Where do I find it and If it has changed what do I do?
You can find your IP by typing "IPconfig" into your command prompt on the host machine. The IP listed under the IPv4 Address will be your local IP.

Also if your server is using the wrong port that could cause issues as well. You could try starting your server and putting the following command into the console ($Pref::Server::Port = "28000";) and restart the server. Once the server is restarted type talk($Pref::Server::Port); . The console will announce what port the server using in the chat. If its not 28000 you may have to manually set it in blockland/config/server/prefs.cs

You can find your IP by typing "IPconfig" into your command prompt on the host machine. The IP listed under the IPv4 Address will be your local IP.

Also if your server is using the wrong port that could cause issues as well. You could try starting your server and putting the following command into the console ($Pref::Server::Port = "28000";) and restart the server. Once the server is restarted type talk($Pref::Server::Port); . The console will announce what port the server using in the chat. If its not 28000 you may have to manually set it in blockland/config/server/prefs.cs

Thanks, I'll try this when I get home this afternoon and let you know if it works. (I pray it does, otherwise I'll have to pay and I don't think I can afford it and my parents won't let me)

All IP's and Port's are fine.

All IP's and Port's are fine.
Just checked server.cs also fine

The only error I see in the console is from using this - $Pref::Server::Port - and a Parse Error caused by Glass.

if needed I can send an image of my port forwarding

you could try using http://www.canyouseeme.org/ to check if a specific port is open

The only error I see in the console is from using this - $Pref::Server::Port - and a Parse Error caused by Glass.
try echo($Pref::Server::Port); instead, it will print it to the console

Also ($Pref::Server::Port); dosnt wok. Syntax error.

How to use?
I seriously have no idea.
Also ($Pref::Server::Port); dosnt wok. Syntax error.
echo($Pref::Server::Port);
put it in the console and it should print the port BL is using

without a function name (echo), it is a syntax error

Ok I'll try that when I get home from school

echo($Pref::Server::Port);
put it in the console and it should print the port BL is using

without a function name (echo), it is a syntax error
Whats the difference between the talk and echo functions?