Almost 12 Years Ago I Made This Community My Home

Author Topic: Almost 12 Years Ago I Made This Community My Home  (Read 6037 times)

i started playing this back in like v7 or some stuff (at least thats when i finally bought a key), didnt even know about the forums until like v10. me and my brothers all played this game, we used to troll tf out of city RP's as thiefs, or team up on DM's. one of them made music loops for the game and the other modeled (absolution if any of you remember him). when the forums changed and required a key to be associated with accounts, we all shared this one for a bit, but im the only one that still hops on BL ever.

im just here because i get bored at work and its an excuse to not do coursework. also vert slide some nudes my way if you ever feelin it boo❤️️

It's always interesting to hear how this one block building game out of many others has affected it's players and how it's helped them through the tough times of their lives and how it's even helped people learn, grow and mature, it makes me wonder if things like this happen with other games and their communities
That's exactly what makes Blockland such an unique game, growing up with it and being part of a complete community that has its own history, and I'll personally never forget that.

Yo red u may wanna edit something out in there about City RPs

Yeah I wasn't gonna say anything but you really might wanna.

Yeah I wasn't gonna say anything but you really might wanna.
?
i meant troll in the sense that we would annoy people by stealing their money. we didnt spam servers or anything

You're still breaking a rule that many others have been banned for, better safe than sorry
« Last Edit: February 14, 2017, 02:47:50 PM by Insert Name Here² »

I remember playing the old rtb with my brother and many fun times on the rtb isles. Watching the idiots of blockland really got me into this game. I recall getting blockland for my birthday when I was around 10 (which then my brother had recently took my key and registered it to his steam account without permission) and joining the community a year later in 2008. I met some pretty cool people. I remember waiting for the hype of fooly cooly's elevator addon. Its pretty hysterical now that I'm looking back on it. It's been quite an interesting ride growing up with blockland it's history.

Man it's things like this that make me truly appreciate how much of a lucky bastard I am to have such loving parents, something I sometimes take for granted.

he is not going to get banned for telling a story about something bad he did like 7 years ago.

I remember having my dad buy me this game back in 2012, and playing the hell out of it, I remember trying to make a Boss Battles server with some called pepisman or something and then Thanksgiving 2013 I remember being SA on Prison escape with some guy called TobyOS and then getting drama'd in 2014 by amir for hosting a stuffty boss battles server and being a total friend by banning anyone who criticizes the server.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2017, 03:06:08 PM by cooolguy32 »

If it weren't for this game, I would be some autistic sperg that can't socialize or code.

thx guys <3

tbh i have probably learned big lessons throughout time..

anyone remember when i was a handicap and i was thinking you all were trolling me?

tl;dr: Blockland is responsible for the best memories I have of my childhood and provided the only meaningful social interaction I ever had for years and years
this sums it up pretty much

like id love to type out my story, but i feel like i wouldnt be able to properly do it justice because of how much has happened. how much needs to be said in order to 100% understand why blockland is as meaningful as it is

its comfortably relatable to know that other old users have felt it though. those nostalgic old times. idk why but blockland nostalgia is so much more powerful than any other nostalgia i can think of. im so happy i can say i was a part of retail when it started. it honestly feels like a dream. it used to be so simple, so you really had to work with what you had and the people around you to have fun. and despite the fact the game has changed a lot, theres still an overbearing sense of "community" here. people working together to make the game fun for each other. in ways they dont even know

and thats the beauty of it to me

its an obscure game with an obscure community fading into an obscure and uncertain future. but because of that, even though ive never met you, ive never talked to you, ive never interacted with you, ive never done anything to form any kind of meaningful connection with you..... i love you. even when bl is long gone i will always love you. despite who you are or what you've done, you've helped make this insignificant place the place ive needed for so long, and i can only hope my presence has helped you as much as yours has helped me

thank you for everything you've done, even if you've done nothing at all. you simply being here has done more than you can possibly imagine 

Thanks for sharing, I know i've given you grief on a couple occasions but we're all just people trying to get by in the end.

If I hadn't bought Blockland, my life would have been a 100x better.