Author Topic: Take a gander at my website I made for school  (Read 2027 times)

I'm in Web I in college right now, but since I've already made several websites from the ground up as a high school student, I've been doing a bit more than necessary to my personal directory, such as:
  • Interactive JS Canvas background
  • Responsive design - should work across all devices
  • (WIP) Drop-down menus (instead of just a list of links)
  • (WIP)CSS animations

Should I add more things? If so, what should they be?

http://emichalicek.musites.org

very attractive design, I especially like the wiry background.

Thank you! I designed it based on my SoundCloud theming (high-contrast red and black). :)

I like the overall design with it, has a good choice of colors. I can't think of many suggestions for the site so just add what you think fits it.

I think this is incredible! I love how the background is subtle, not distracting at all.

The only thing I would suggest is not making such bright reds. They're aparrent and visible, but can be a strain on the eyes.

I think this is incredible! I love how the background is subtle, not distracting at all.

The only thing I would suggest is not making such bright reds. They're aparrent and visible, but can be a strain on the eyes.
I would normally agree with this, but I made it to fit my SoundCloud theming. :P

If I was making a "normal" site I'd use a gentler palette.

I would normally agree with this, but I made it to fit my SoundCloud theming. :P

If I was making a "normal" site I'd use a gentler palette.
honestly i like the red. its abrasive but it fits that technical style you got going on. i really really like it!! specially that background. i love how it lights up to your cursor

Yes I too like the red, I can see why some people would be turned off, but it's not like neon or flashing or anything so I don't find it annoying.

um
use blue its less painful

that's really good, but you need to make things move

Yeah i am going to join the people loving the red wires in the background.
Really neat but not too distracting.
Looks good overall.

hey
that's p r e t t y  g o o d