[Blogland] The Chrome Conundrum

Author Topic: [Blogland] The Chrome Conundrum  (Read 1429 times)

So around last week my Google chrome has been acting up and its really pissing me off. Every so often Chrome will freeze up and I will have to close it with task manager, however one unkillable process always remains running but after a few minutes it finally dies too. If i reboot chrome it will freeze up instantaneously, and can even lag my pc quite a bit forcing me to restart my whole pc, this evening ive had to restart it 5 times and Im on the verge of switching over to Firefox if this keeps up.

Ive checked for viruses, none found. I have alot of clear space on my drive. I have no extensions running, and chrome was reinstalled cleanly the other day i had this, and it still affects me.

My pc is about 4 years old now and is pretty dusty inside so it may just need a good cleanup both internally and externally as ive thought about doing a clean install.

Ive googled and nothing has helped, ive heard some say its an internet issue, which may be the case since ive noticed my connection dieing for a few secs today, aswell as my irl fiend whi used the same ISP.

Im still unsure what the hell is happening but i am fearing my pc may be dieing, if anyone else knows or has the same issue please help.

use internet explorer, im doing it right now, it wont kill you, I actually prefer it

use internet explorer, im doing it right now, it wont kill you, I actually prefer it
Is it better than it used to be? I actually used it for a long time before I got Chrome round the beginning of Highschool. I wouldnt mind using it if i had to, I just like how Chrome is fast and has Google sync to stuff with it.

im using windows 7 and internet explorer 11, it runs comparably to chrome, the only websites I have problems with are sites with a lot of ads like Toyotanation or imageshack when I used to use that

edit: I just did a little test, IE was actually a little bit quicker loading my facebook feed

another thing, Bing is stuff but there are ways you can completely avoid the MSN homepage and switch it out to google as well as setting the top bar to do a google search but they make it intentionally hard to do. I did the bing it on thing and got 5/5 google, bing is for losers
« Last Edit: February 20, 2017, 11:16:25 PM by warble »

Unironically, you may need more ram

the freezing isn't just you. it hasn't locked up my entire computer (yet), but opening links into new tabs makes whatever page you opened it from not work until the new tab fully loads. this is especially bad on youtube and twitter, or any page with a bunch of images on it.

chrome's been ass for the past few versions. stuff's been going downhill steadily ever since they stopped letting you rearrange your frequent sites on the new tab page.

IE works fine for things like the forums/youtube/general web browsing

but if you need to look at wiki pages (not Wikipedia, that's fine), you're going to want chrome/firefox
gamepedia/those other game wikis tend to overload the page with ads and it crashes IE after a few minutes

also, what are you doing when chrome freezes? is it a certain web page/activity?

I aint had no trouble with chrome, does tend to use a bit of memory though so inh could conceivably be correct

'The Chrome Conundrum' sounds so corny lol

Give Opera a try. It's chromium based with more stability and less memory usage.

a few days ago chrome wouldnt start up
whenever i clicked it nothing happened, not even in task manager
what i did was just revert back to a state from 2 days prior and now my pc is fine