What was the worst book or story you ever read?

Author Topic: What was the worst book or story you ever read?  (Read 5332 times)

It was so depressing. Just constant downers in graphic detail.
I can appreciate it now, but I was exposed to it waaaaay too early.

I don't like it.

I was exposed to it waaaaay too early.
I don't like it.
lel like how the main character was exposed to bad feelings and didnt like them

lel like how the main character was exposed to bad feelings and didnt like them

Mmmmm,

Mostly just how all the characters were treated and the world that was build around them.

Mmmmm,

Mostly just how all the characters were treated and the world that was build around them.
Hey, at least you're released from that book.

and now that you left, you're getting the bad feelings again!!!

I'll tell you what, at first I liked the books in the Odd Thomas series, but as it dragged on (and boy did it drag) the protagonist's personality got more and more annoying and all of the author's stupid little self-insert fantasies got worse and worse, until the point where it was eventually unbearable. now even the first book is a bad memory
hunger games series is also awful. just the whole thing, all of it
Be me in 4th grade
4th grade? the giver seems a bit... much... for elementary school
speaking of the giver, I did like it. gathering blue was alright too. messenger was kind of odd, but it was the first one I read, so I have a bit of an attachment to it
« Last Edit: February 28, 2017, 07:11:33 PM by Foxscotch »

and now that you left, you're getting the bad feelings again!!!

Nah, not anymore.

The Brothers Karamazov
There's a few russian poems i've read during highschool that really helped highlight and understand this book. This is a great book.

There's a few russian poems i've read during highschool that really helped highlight and understand this book. This is a great book.
This. It started off being a book I disliked but researching context and mapping characters turned it into my all time favorite book once I understood the story more.

Too many options. I'm gonna have to go with The Hobbit, though. Love fantasy, can't seem to stand Tolkien.

Too many options. I'm gonna have to go with The Hobbit, though. Love fantasy, can't seem to stand Tolkien.
*internal screaming*

*internal screaming*
Different people have different tastes. I know I'm in the minority on that one, but I love the Inheritance Cycle and the Kingkiller Chronicles. Those are what I hold up as the best fantasy books ever written.

but I love the Inheritance Cycle
ur all right after all......

[communist manifesto]