[NEWS] Multi-day power outage around Cleveland, at least 57,000 affected

Author Topic: [NEWS] Multi-day power outage around Cleveland, at least 57,000 affected  (Read 2280 times)

"The night has been unruly: where we lay,
Our chimneys were blown down;" -Lennox, Macbeth
High winds have caused widespread power outages here. Very high straight line winds, tropical storm speeds. FirstEnergy is running around with their hair on fire. Power is expected to be back on by March 10th-11th.

In other news, Spectrum internet is down around major cities across the U.S. Incompetent company or Russian attack? Or did we just make that up to kill time? Discuss below.

edit: power is back on for me, crCIA averted
« Last Edit: March 08, 2017, 09:25:11 PM by Magus »

winds reaching 40 mph by me, makes it hard to sleep with my broken window whistling all damn night

Fun times in Cleveland indeed.

Why so much wind? The wind bent a power pole halfway over outside of where I'm living!

50mph winds near me, predicted to be even stronger tomorrow

Wind got over 74 mph here. Blew our grill over, and over in Toledo a truck blew over so they closed the highways.

In other news, Spectrum internet is down around major cities across the U.S. Incompetent company or Russian attack? Or did we just make that up to kill time? Discuss below.
Coincidence?

I lost power due to the wind, too. forget that wind was nasty.

Commie units please. I can't understand your handicapped arithmetic rollercoaster of a unit.

Commie units please. I can't understand your handicapped arithmetic rollercoaster of a unit.
118 knots, four sheets to the wind, landlubber

I can't understand your handicapped arithmetic rollercoaster of a unit.

Sounds like a you problem.

80kmh - 120kmh winds

i drive a little jeep liberty and it felt like i was losing control while driving in huge gusts

lol you aint seen nothin till u been in tx/ok when it comes to wind