Author Topic: parents/family is horrible with computers story thread  (Read 2710 times)

My mum has loads of malware on her phone (and i know it) and she keeps complaining why it switches to the home screen, keeps randomly beeping ext. and i tell her she has a virus/malware, and she keeps saying "No I don't" or "I know more about computers than you." One day when she leaves her phone out I'm going to get it and install malwarebytes and ESET, scan her phone then delete them.

every time i fiddle with parts in my computer when somethings not working right my dad says im destroying my computer by touching the insides of it

My parents have no clue what a 'meme' is and frankly it's better that way. I always cringe when handicaps use the term meme when talking to people that age. You look like an embarrassment and are the best argument for why abortion should be encouraged.

one time my mom called a gif a "live-action meme"
this is the best sentence I have ever read ever in my life ever

As a kid i used to play roblox, and the Internet started to get slow on my PC. Instead of thinking how we are living on some farm "in-the-middle-of-nowhere" in Croatia, my Brother and my dad thought how roblox was the reason behind the virus, and after some heavy resistance, i was forced to uninstall roblox because "It had a virus".

my dad has worked in the computer industry his entire life, slowly passing his knowledge onto me

My mom and sister on the other hand could turn a navy supercomputer into a brick. I'm not even sure how they do it. Give them a computer and in a week it'll be so slow it's unusable.

i have a very computer literate family so i don't have to deal with this stuff

all of my parents (Dad, Stepdad, and Mom) work Computer Related Jobs, so i never had any problems like this.

my mother wanted to play some browser games (I.E. slots/poker/whatever) while I was working on my school's robot for roughly two hours
I allowed her to play since I was sure she could understand what to and what not to do on the internet

I returned to find 8 cases of malware, 3 cases of spyware, and 5 virus

my mother wanted to play some browser games (I.E. slots/poker/whatever) while I was working on my school's robot for roughly two hours
I allowed her to play since I was sure she could understand what to and what not to do on the internet

I returned to find 8 cases of malware, 3 cases of spyware, and 5 virus
I swear that some people just go to google and search for this

a little offtopic, but my school has installed Mcafee on like all school computers.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2017, 09:58:49 AM by cooolguy32 »