Author Topic: Creature Feature  (Read 1511 times)

CREATURE FEATURE
Bandcamp/Soundcloud 28 minutes
Ten songs which sample dialogue from science fiction films

ACID POOLJUNGLE MOUTH
Bandcamp/Soundcloud 25 minutesBandcamp/Soundcloud 24 minutes
Electronic, blues, lonely, introspectiveElectronic, folk, nature recordings, rainforest

Jungle Mouth was recorded from January to August 2016.
Acid Pool was recorded from September 2016 to March 2017.
Creature Feature was recorded from May to July 2017.

Feedback
I'm going for a specific sound with each of these. If you see room for improvement please be specific and helpful, it doesn't benefit me if you are dismissive or vague. I'm also looking more for general tips regarding mixing and recording (e.g. how to treat some instruments, EQ pointers, etc) not instructions to change my genre.

Thank you for listening, hope you enjoy.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2017, 12:31:08 PM by Mega-Bear »

I like the Jungle Mouth album because it makes me think of like an old eerie point and click type of game set in a deep, well, jungle. I would imagine myself doing a very difficult puzzle set in the catacombs of a ruin listening to Hypnagogic Meditation, for example. I don't really have any particular criticism though because I don't really listen to atmospheric tracks myself so I wouldn't be able to tell you if you did something right or wrong.

I like the Jungle Mouth album because it makes me think of like an old eerie point and click type of game set in a deep, well, jungle. I would imagine myself doing a very difficult puzzle set in the catacombs of a ruin listening to Hypnagogic Meditation, for example. I don't really have any particular criticism though because I don't really listen to atmospheric tracks myself so I wouldn't be able to tell you if you did something right or wrong.
Thank you, I'm happy you got something out of it. The lo-fi equipment I'm using could certainly create that image.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2017, 12:14:13 PM by Mega-Bear »

I just spent two months recording a bunch of pop/rock tunes and sampling sci-fi dialogue as the vocal content. I kept the 10 best songs and bundled them together as an EP called Creature Feature. enjoy.