Microsoft refuses to support 'next-gen' CPUs in Windows 7/8 Systems

Author Topic: Microsoft refuses to support 'next-gen' CPUs in Windows 7/8 Systems  (Read 2040 times)

can someone inform me what the issue is with upgrading to windows 10?
Oh, you know, the advertising, telemetry tracking, and the usual irremovable unwanted 'features' like Cortana, Microsoft Edge(whose predecessor, Internet Explorer, got Microsoft sued for being forcibly bundled with Windows in the past), etc.
https://www.howtogeek.com/269331/how-to-disable-all-of-windows-10s-built-in-advertising/
http://www.pcworld.com/article/2971725/windows/how-to-reclaim-your-privacy-in-windows-10-piece-by-piece.html

telemetry tracking, and the usual irremovable unwanted 'features' like Cortana

pretty much the only things that I can see being a problem and Cortana is very easy to ignore

people are probably going to find a way to use next-gen cpus on windows 7 in the future anyways

windows 7 got an update straight after windows 10 got released

it has telemetry and spying too, it's not like its only on one OS

tab

« Last Edit: March 16, 2017, 11:10:40 PM by tab »

Ignoring all this spying bs, I just hate how win10 looks

Ignoring all this spying bs, I just hate how win10 looks
really? i think it's a nice balance between the flat 8 look and the utility of 7

really? i think it's a nice balance between the flat 8 look and the utility of 7
Definitely this. The start menu tiles are a great compromise between win 8's start panel and the start menu of old.
Win10's improved performance is also great for me since I'm a slut for high framerates.

irremovable unwanted 'features' like Cortana

this is mainly to turn off Windows Search as it likes to eat up people's CPU if they don't have a monster machine, but it turns off cortana too (albeit the cortana/search button will still remain, just inactive, but you can hide it by right-clicking on it anyways so)

microsoft isnt pulling off this bullstuff, intel is by pulling support for chipset drivers on older versions of windows

AMD and qualcomm are following suit

microsoft isnt pulling off this bullstuff, intel is by pulling support for chipset drivers on older versions of windows

If you asked me, which you didn't, I'd say that it's market collusion between Microsoft and the CPU manufacturers to push more people to upgrade into Windows 10.

this is mainly to turn off Windows Search as it likes to eat up people's CPU if they don't have a monster machine, but it turns off cortana too (albeit the cortana/search button will still remain, just inactive, but you can hide it by right-clicking on it anyways so)
You can also 'remove' Internet Explorer/Edge by taking ownership of the files via Properties > Security and changing the permissions and ownership, but the main point is that it's not something that can easily be edited(In cortana's case, it's disabling Cortana without getting rid of Windows Search that isn't easily done at all).

Intel isn't doing it, Microsoft has been the one taking the initiative with this move. CPU manufacturers are allowing it because they've probably been given an ultimatum to either let this happen or hit the road.

I don't see why you would be using those OS anymore considering they gave us 10 for free but this is still bullstuff

At a 50/50 chance to wipe your computer, sure.