[Revised] [Player] The Thing

Author Topic: [Revised] [Player] The Thing  (Read 4935 times)

Proof that the Thing exists in our world..

Controls:
Left click/Fire to eat someone, you must be able to damage them and be in the range. You cannot eat other Things. You gain 60% (max) of their health when you completely devour them.
Right click/Alt fire to blind anyone nearby that you are able to damage, does not affect if they are also a Thing.

Notes:
If you have a function Player::setPlayerShapeName it will change their shape name to whoever was devoured. Their shape name color will also change.
If you are under 40% of health (or 50% if your max health was altered), you will turn into a parasite which cannot eat anyone if you were recently damaged. You have to wait about 8 seconds not being damaged before turning back to normal. This will repeat when you keep getting damaged.
Unfortunately I haven't made attempts for bot avatar copy yet, I'll see if I can get it to work

Download: Player_Thing2

Heres a link to the extended functionality with setPlayerShapeName
http://swololol.com/d?f=Event_setShapeNameExt.zip

Nice! So happy it's been released and fixed.

Nice! So happy it's been released

It was already released it just didn't have the functions of hiding as a user

The original of Hydra did have those functions but they broke over the years. I was happy that Viso released his fixed version.

The old one was very broken (lots of console spam, breaking bugs that could break the player) and lots of people would crash due to constant datablock changes. If that's not correct then something else in the add-on caused the crashing but it certainly was not the models.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2017, 07:48:36 PM by Kyuande »

next up: player_mything

Someone make a game mode with this