Author Topic: Color Shift  (Read 1442 times)

I'm having trouble using the blank.png texture on an axe model.
It's appearing white in game (not the colorShiftColor it should be), until I pick it up, in which case the transparent/faded version of the model has the colorShiftColor properly applied.

I'm using Milkshape 3D 1.8.2.

(Too large for both images in one post, can't be bothered clipping images)

use white.png instead of base!

also RBGA
Make A = 255

If thats all done, then IDK...

How about you read my post, and then reply?

How about you read my post, and then reply?
I did. Try using white.png instead of base.

First of all, I'm not using a "base" at all. Secondly, white.png makes a group, well, white. I don't want it white, I want to be able to use colorShift to set it's colour.

And let's all take a good look at Badspot's add-on guidelines..
  • If at all possible, make your models colorable by using transparent .png textures.
       This will make it easier for people to re-use your model
       Use "blank.png" to show 100% of the item color
       "black25.png", "black50.png" and "black75.png" can be used various shades of the item color.
       "whiteCheck.png" will show the item color + 50% white.  It glows slightly. 
« Last Edit: February 23, 2008, 02:29:25 AM by Resonance_Cascade »

First of all, I'm not using a "base" at all. Secondly, white.png makes a group, well, white. I don't want it white, I want to be able to use colorShift to set it's colour.

And let's all take a good look at Badspot's add-on guidelines..
  • If at all possible, make your models colorable by using transparent .png textures.
       This will make it easier for people to re-use your model
       Use "blank.png" to show 100% of the item color
       "black25.png", "black50.png" and "black75.png" can be used various shades of the item color.
       "whiteCheck.png" will show the item color + 50% white.  It glows slightly. 
By base i meant blank. lol sorry about that.
Just try it with white...that fixed alot of my problems...